About the Role
The Business Office Assistant/Accounts Payable role involves providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Office Manager and other administrative support to other Department Managers. This role will also assist with general office duties including processing of accounts payable invoices, reconciling payments and controlling expenses.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Prepares accounts payable vouchers and logs accounts payable invoices.
- Processes regional checks.
- Audits vendor statements.
- Completes batch headers.
- Assists with accounts receivable and collections.
- Accurately and timely completes documentation necessary to the Business Office and other Departments.
- Effectively maintains record retentions systems to include filing documents timely and accurately in appropriate locations. Creates new labels and files as needed.
- Effectively manages tasks and projects assigned by supervisor or Executive Director; research, analyze data and produce reports as required.
- Coordinates and performs communications with internal and external entities, including telephone calls, faxes and written correspondence.
- Accurately and timely prepares and processes memos, letters, spreadsheets and other documentation.
- Maintains compliance with Buckner policies and procedures. Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements, state and federal laws.
- Exhibits and maintains professional work habits; appropriate punctuality, appropriate grooming and dress, appropriate manner and language and positive attitude and demeanor in interactions with residents, co-workers and the community-at-large.
- Works successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required.
- May have to perform special assignments, projects and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy. Equivalent to knowledge normally acquired through four years of high school (or G.E.D.).
- Requires ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Requires fingering, talking and hearing over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision; exercise judgment and confidentiality.
- Requires ability to work with frequent interruptions while maintaining flexibility and dealing with change; ability to take initiative; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires attention to detail and maintaining a routine; organizational skills required.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, co-workers, and employee from other facilities. Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing are required. Ability to speak clearly and make self understood in face- to- face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to use personal computers and word processing software; other office machinery used includes telephone, typewriter, copy machine, fax machine, postage machine and adding machine. Excellent aptitude for using these machines required.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work that have infectious disease or skin lesion, for the duration of the communicability.
- Requires ability to remain in confined space for long periods of time.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicates with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to use up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a small amount of force continuously to move objects, including people. Work can be done sitting down most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures, correspondence, visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and communicate proficiently in English.
- Requires the commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires the ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned, which could include relieving the concierge desk for lunch breaks.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Previous experience working in a Retirement Community.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.