About the Role
As a Assistant Director of Nursing you will impact the lives of vivacious senior adults through being responsible for day to day operations of assigned nursing unit, to include scheduling and staffing in such a way that meaningful nursing service is established to render the optimum of resident care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain nursing organization structure on assigned unit to meet staffing hours as required by administrative policies and standards as established by the governing authorities.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations in all areas of nursing care.
- Develop work assignments and/or assist nursing supervisory staff in completing and performing such tasks.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, and directing nursing personnel in fulfilling their responsibilities for nursing service.
- Assist in identifying staffing needs. Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed.
- Provide professional growth and development; participate in the orientation and training of new nursing unit employees; develop and communicate goals and objectives.
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation. Review work performance of nursing personnel on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain awareness of internal operating management policies. Participate in developing, maintaining, and updating BMM’s written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Develop, train, and lead staff in an environment of customer service and safety.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the M.D.S.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must have and maintain a current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing. Minimum 2 years prior related experience in supervisory or leadership capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility and/or geriatric nursing preferred. Current status as an RN required.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient’s rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, including basic knowledge related to nursing, such as drugs, biological, physical, social, and medical sciences, and their application. Requires working knowledge of infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards.
- Requires knowledge of principles and methods involved in in-service instruction of nursing and ancillary personnel, in demonstrating techniques and methods of patient-care services, and in instruction of patients’ needs.
- Requires familiarity with medical diagnoses, procedures, and accepted medical treatment patterns. Requires knowledge of procedures and techniques necessary to administer medication and treatment as prescribed by physician; knowledge of medications and possible side effects.
- Requires ability to appropriately and professionally communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors, and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others required.
- Requires ability to exercise independent judgment under broad nursing case guidelines. Exercise initiative, patience, tact and confidentiality; demonstrate supervisory and leadership ability; and ability to analyze and evaluate objectively. Requires ability to work under minimal supervision.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires ability to keep accurate, detailed records and timely prepare routine reports.
- Requires ability to make self clearly understood in face-to-face interactions; ability to articulate with accuracy and precision to give directions, speak on the phone and intercom, etc.
- Requires ability to receive verbal instructions, answer phones, etc. with some background noise.
- Requires ability to concentrate on moderate to fine detail with some interruption; ability to attend to tasks/functions for more than 60 minutes at a time.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to multiple ideas and the concepts/theories behind the ideas; ability to remember multiple verbal and written tasks/assignments over several days and occasionally up to several months.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours and be on-call as needed.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Requires ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.