About the Role
As the Associate Director of Visual Media you will shoot, edit and produce event, news and promotional videos for electronic distribution. You will also assist in producing active media materials and assist the Public Relations Department in implementing the annual Communications Plan in support of Buckner programs.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on Buckner ministries through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Serve as lead equipment operator and editor for Buckner-produced electronic media, including video storytelling, video news, live-streaming events and promotional videos.
- Produce Buckner video projects, including development, scripting and location identification.
- Accurately and timely oversee the electronic production for assigned projects.
- Proficiently post work on electronic distribution channels for use by others, including marketing staff, development staff and a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Manage projects and assignments related to the Project Management System of the Public Relations Department.
- Assist in the production of special events support collateral, including Buckner videos, other multimedia works, and audio/visual production.
- Oversee and maintain video asset library, including storage, organization and dissemination of video.
- Produce Buckner live video events, including streaming ministry leaders and events.
- Build and maintain relationships with freelance videographers on projects that are outsourced.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study;
- Minimum 1-3 years of prior related experience;
- Requires extensive knowledge of non-linear video production and editing using any industry standard program, with a secondary knowledge of electronic graphics programs;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite on Windows platform is also necessary;
- Must have the ability to operate Electronic News Gathering and DSLR camera platforms.
- Must have industry standard lighting, audio and video production equipment.
- Must have the ability to interview subjects.
- Must be able to produce/direct live graphics for events.
- Requires international and domestic travel to various geographic locations in support of video and photographic projects.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Secondary abilities in photography, DVD reproduction and cover design, and comprehension of third-party video software.
- A/V operational experience during events.
- Experience with Photoshop and After Effects.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.