About the Role
As a Certified Nurse Aide you will inspire happiness in the community through excellence in customer service while providing physical and emotional support and assistance for activities of daily living (A.D.L.s) to promote the greatest functional level possible for the residents. You will also provide care for the elder's environment by doing laundry, cooking and housekeeping.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the accurate implementation of the prescribed health care plan.
- Make frequent resident rounds on a regular basis to check the physical comfort, safety, and cleanliness of residents.
- Provide excellent, safe services in care and treatment including: bathing; feeding; oral care; intake of food; dressing; care of hair and nails; moving residents from area to area; responding to calls, etc.
- Provide a broad range of cleaning/sanitary services, including: emptying and/or cleaning of urinals, commodes, bedpans; showers, wheelchairs and other equipment, timely and proficiently.
- Accurately and timely document Activities for Daily Living (ADL’s), intakes and outputs and other appropriate information on charts.
- Change soiled and unsoiled linen; distribute clean towels frequently throughout shift.
- Ensure resident safety by immediately detecting, correcting and reporting situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries.
- Observe and immediately report resident reactions and changes in condition; take and record vital signs, as required.
- Encourage and actively participate in restorative measures; assist in activities.
- Professionally intervene in resident disputes or disruptive behavior, if necessary, to maintain proper facility harmony and resident safety.
- Perform other tasks in support of your team including: staff nursing station and answer phones as needed; assist in dining room with meal serving and feeding as needed; and work schedules, assignments and units as requested.
- Follow the Buckner 5STARS of customer service and timely respond to requests for assistance or information.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Current Texas Nurse Aide Certification
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Professional knowledge of basic health care practices and procedures including infection control
- Ability to instruct residents in health care measures and methods of improving use of medical services
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, climbing, kneeling, walking, and standing over 75% of shift
- Attention to detail is critical as an error could have life threatening consequences
- Ability to exercise patience, tact, initiative, judgment, and confidentiality (following established guidelines)
- Ability to recognize changes in a resident’s appearance, attitude, and condition
- Personality attuned to the requirements of meeting the needs of the infirm and aged, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and others
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) plus a minimum of 1 year prior experience as a nursing assistant or other equivalent training
- Prior experience in customer service
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.