About the Role
As a Registered Nurse at Calder Woods you will impact the lives of our future residents through providing professional nursing care.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Administer all parenteral, intramuscular, and sub-cutaneous injections; perform all in-house testing procedures; takes and records vital signs.
- Meet with the director as needed and participates in staff meetings to keep staff performing at optimum level.
- Supervise aides in the performance of their duties by monitoring their work; assign aides to residents – specifying break times and special duties to be completed.
- Make daily rounds of all residents utilizing health care plans for the purposes of visibility, assessment, completion, and evaluation of care; make rounds with physicians and records visits on charts
- Analyze and evaluate nursing and related services to improve the quality of elder care and maximize nursing time and abilities.
- Assist in maintaining current health care plans according to a schedule rotation and documenting acute episodes or significant changes in residential status
- Supervise (or personally handles) the preparation and administration of prescribed medications.
What You’Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- [This should be a bulleted list of the requirements to hold the job including, but not limited to: years of experience, education, licenses or other credentials, and skills. Please do not copy and paste the language from the job description but please write this from more of a marketing perspective.]
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- This should be a bulleted list of the nice to have items from the job description. This may include other language skills or experiences that would allow a candidate to hit the ground running.]
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Plan Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and residents creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner