About the Role
As a Payroll Specialist you will impact the lives of employees through your excellent customer service skills and by processing and producing accurate payroll each pay period. Our employees love to be paid timely each pay period so we work hard to make that happen. Responsible for performing payroll functions and related tasks for Baptist Memorials Ministries and all other Buckner corporations, including assisting with processing disbursement of multi-state payroll. Perform day-to-day payroll functions, including, but not limited to, processing new hires, transfers, terminations, and leave events. Provide customer service to internal constituents regarding payroll matters. Provide training to Baptist Memorials Ministries system users.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Be an awesome contributor to our people operations team.
- You will process 7 bi-weekly and 6 monthly payrolls.
- You will batch and input employee data into our ADP Vantage Information System.
- You will audit all changes and new hires entered by our people operations team members to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies, and related laws.
- You will process check and vouchers.
- You will ensure benefit deductions and deferrals are accurate and they are occurring properly based on each plan and individual elections.
- Use your amazing customer service skills to help our employees with payroll questions and needs.
- Use your proficient Excel and system reporting skills to produce payroll reports.
- You will respond to external requests for employment verification.
- You will set up and process garnishments.
- You will track employee leave events using our ADP Leave system.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- A great humble attitude as you engage with your team and others.
- Your experiences as a great payroll team member
- 5+ years processing payroll for multiple FEINs and multiple states.
- Excellent technical and attention to details skills.
- 5+ years experience processing payroll using a professional software such as ADP, WFN, Vantage
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred in related field.
- Proficient knowledge and experience working in compliance with payroll laws and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Ability to work M-F 8:00 - 5:00 and some OT required
- Excellent analytical skills.
- CPP preferred.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.