About the Role
As Courtesy Patrol, you will impact the lives of Residents through monitoring all areas of the retirement facility in order to ensure a safe and secure environment for the residents, visitors and employees. Monitor parking facilities and pedestrian and vehicular traffic in accordance with facility policy.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Inspect all areas of the facility for safety and fire hazards. Make rounds through all building hallways, stairwells, trash rooms, restrooms and storage areas. Patrol campus grounds. Document findings and notify the Resident Services Administrator. Patrol secured areas to ensure all doors are appropriately locked/unlocked.
- Immediately respond to all fire alarms. Appropriately contain fire until fire department arrives and assist department with moving residents or controlling crowds. Perform monthly inspection of fire extinguishers to ensure all equipment is in good working condition.
- Immediately respond to all emergency situations in order to resolve any incident which could potentially harm personnel, residents and/or visitors. Call for outside assistance as needed.
- Monitor parking practices of employees and visitors to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Escort visitors, residents, and personnel to vehicles as requested.
- Deliver packages to residents’ apartments.
- Provide assistance to individuals having vehicular problems (e.g. frozen door locks, dead batteries, flat tires, etc.) as needed.
- Monitor and promote compliance with facility policies such as solicitation, smoking and visiting hours.
- Timely and accurately document all incidents and emergencies in departmental log.
- Timely and accurately complete all shift reports and logs, activity log, gate log and any and all other control logs and reports as required in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Minimum 2 years prior related work experience preferred. Previous experience in security and/or safety is preferred.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read, and write English. Requires ability to understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to hear alarms and respond appropriately.
- Requires ability to clearly see and observe surroundings.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required. Requires ability to log in and out of computer system and send and receive emails.
- Requires ability to work Voiceover Internet Protocol phone system.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to comprehend and fulfill requirements related to safety regulations, security procedures, and facility policies and procedures acquired through on-the-job training.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively resolve hostile situations.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Ability to comply with Patient Rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood effectively in fact to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Turns, stoops, kneels, crouches, reaches, pushes, pulls, handles, stands, walks over 75% of shift. Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.