About the Role
As a Dietary Aide, you will impact the lives of residents by assisting dietary and kitchen staff with supporting functions such as setting tables, preparing trays, preparing serving lines, washing dishes, cleaning, etc. Assist residents during meal times and serving meals to residents.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Set tables, bus tables, and wash off tables after meals in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare beverages and foods as required.
- Serve food in dining rooms or other areas as required.
- Serve beverages to residents as required.
- Blend food in electric blender; prepare steam table.
- Prepare hot cart and serve food; clean and sanitize carts.
- Wash dishes; scrape and rack dishes; sort, stack, store clean dishes.
- Mop, sweep, and clean work area.
- Take out trash.
- Wrap silverware.
- Receive and store groceries, frozen foods, produce, etc.; date and rotate canned goods in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Detect, correct or report situations that have a possibility of causing accidents or injuries to residents or others.
- Observe and report resident symptoms, reactions and changes.
- Attend and participate in meetings and in-service training.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Perform other assignments, projects and duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires ability to move food serving and preparation equipment as needed, using up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Requires ability to walk, sit, stand sometimes for prolonged periods of time. Requires ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, push, pull, handle, and carry or otherwise manipulate objects.
- Requires ability to safely utilize kitchen equipment and recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operation problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- Requires ability to learn basic food serving, cleanliness and sanitation requirements.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient Rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
Self management. Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities. Make sound decisions even under pressure.
Communication. Clearly express ideas, either verbally or in writing.
Willingness to Learn. Assimilate and apply new job-related information promptly.
Ethics & Integrity. Consistently earn the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and customers through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.