About the Role
As a Therapeutic Family Specialist you will impact the lives of the most vulnerable children in foster care. The children you will interact with are those that have significant emotional, behavioral and therapeutic needs. Your role will provide the services needed to ensure stability in their foster home and assist with reaching permanency for the foster child.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing case management for therapeutic clients living in Buckner therapeutic foster homes.
- Be responsible for the development and provision of services to lower level of care as well as prepare the foster child/teen for permanency.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and licensing process of therapeutic foster children.
- Develop, monitor and review the therapeutic service plan designed to increase strengths, address needs, and reduce conflict in the home. Coordination would occur through the use of a multi-dimensional treatment team.
- Provide and teach behavioral interventions to foster parents and therapeutic foster children to produce stability with the child in multiple environments.
- Timely complete accurate and thorough documentation for case files.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a human service field with a minimum of 2 years prior related experience with therapeutic care.
- Counseling and/or social work licensure
- A working knowledge of the legalities of child wlefare and children in foster care.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate in a professional manner with a multi--ethnic population based in the community. The communication should be effective both orally and in writing.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- 4 years of experience with child welfare
- Master's Degree in a human service field
- Certifications or trained in multiple behavioral modification interventions.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.