About the Role:
The Health Services Administrator provides overall leadership for the services of the skilled nursing center, assisted living and memory care centers as part of Calder Woods with the goal of providing care services to seniors in a manner that meets regulatory requirements, standards of care and resident/family expectations. Responsibilities include providing oversight, coaching and management of the operations team. The Administrator exemplifies Calder Woods exciting and engaging lifestyle while guiding the team through regulatory requirements and care standards. The Administrator will provide inspiring leadership to a diverse team responsible for providing compassionate and expert care to residents. This position also serves as a member of the Calder Woods leadership team and is responsible for planning, budget and program development.
What You'll Do:
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews for admission inquiries; consult with Admission Coordinator or approve admissions as required.
- Participate on Care Plan team as required. Timely respond to family and resident concerns and complaints; communicate results appropriately; timely and appropriately investigate reported incidents and complete incident reports.
- Support Executive Director in the oversight of financial activities of the community, including, but not limited to, providing leadership to operations managers/supervisors in financial stewardship and monitoring budget supply and labor costs. Provide guidance for requests for major equipment and supplies to ensure budget alignment. Monitor case mix, PDPM, and census related to meeting revenue targets.
- Analyze program needs; develop, modify, implement and monitor programs to meet the changing needs of clients, families, and other stakeholders; demonstrate operational competence in managing resources.
- Maintain current proficient working knowledge of and comply with all local, state, and federal licensing requirements; meet with managers regularly to review compliance in resident care. Monitor trends and changes in practices and legislation regarding assigned programs which could or will impact operations. Notify Executive Director as appropriate.
- Accurately evaluate census development programs; maintain/increase census as needed.
- Maintain accurate business records, including financial transactions and client files. Ensure all business and client records are maintained in compliance with all Company policies and procedures, state and federal laws, and regulatory requirements. Maintain record retention systems to ensure confidentiality of all business-related information and data and control release of confidential information and data to all unauthorized persons or entities.
- Accurately prepare and review monthly financial reports; analyze income/expense budget and payroll on a monthly basis. Effectively manage operating and capital budget within acceptable parameters and approved guidelines.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of assigned programs. Ensure execution of plans, policies and budget as approved by the Executive Director and senior leadership.
- Make daily rounds of assigned programs; observe meal services, visit with residents, and timely communicate feedback to associates.
- Conduct resident meetings; attend and participate in resident activities and family council groups.
- In collaboration with the community’s leadership team, develop facility policies and procedures; ensure compliance with Calder Woods policies and procedures and senior leadership’s guidance
- Provide professional growth and development of associates; develop and communicate annual goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluation in a timely manner.
- Conduct staff meetings regularly; attend and participate in meetings,training,educational seminars and retreats as required. Facilitate meetings and training as required. Coordinate and participate in community’s committees
- Ensure attainment of campus goals through effective utilization of human and financial resources. Maintain campus in compliance with all HR policies and procedures, legal and regulatory requirements, and established Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all Calder Woods policies, procedures, and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Report suspected abuse and/or neglect to the Executive Director and the appropriate law enforcement or administrative agency.
- Market facility including advertising, community involvement, and public speaking. Make calls about fundraising and donations for facility projects.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Interact with outside consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to residents and families. Regularly meet with facility consultant, network with social workers, discharge planners, Home Health group and other vendors.
- Perform general office tasks as required. Timely and accurately prepare, review, and submit required reports and documentation.
- Work nights and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Requires in-depth understanding of the administration of nursing and rehabilitation programs. Requires proficient ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables. This field of knowledge is normally associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s degree in a related field plus knowledge and experience in personnel management. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Minimum 5 years prior related experience in long term care administration required.
- Requires a current, valid license as a Nursing Facility Administrator (NFA) from the Texas Department of Licensure of Nursing Homes.
- Requires education and work background necessary to effectively, appropriately, and accurately evaluate the performance of nursing staff.
- Requires proficient working knowledge and understanding of the applicable regulatory standards and requirements governing programs and services. Requires proficient working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulatory requirements related to long-term care.
- Requires ability to effectively manage personnel; requires administrative skills to include but not limited to staff selection, development, motivation, scheduling, and evaluation
- Requires ability to observe and make accurate assessments of situations and individuals and determine appropriate action required.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings; requires ability to work effectively with individuals in a multi-ethnic population.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with little supervision. Most tasks are governed by standard practices; however, some are not. Innovative thinking is required. Detail-oriented, with good organizational skills required. Requires leadership ability characterized by servant leadership, integrity and honesty. Must possess the ability to lead through influence as opposed to authority.
- Requires ability to work nights and weekends and be on-call as required. Requires ability to be “on-call” when not in facility and immediately respond when called.
- Requires personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of clients and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other associates and the public.
- Requires excellent public speaking skills and the ability to successfully communicate in a professional manner with a multi-ethnic population base in the community; ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Requires recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of budgetary management and development of policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to prioritize tasks and respond in crisis/pressure situations; requires flexibility to meet changing business needs.
- Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations and overnight stays.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan
- The 5 STAR Fun Plan: This plan encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers, residents and their families while creating and inspiring happiness.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants- with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.