About the Role
As a Ministry Engagement Coordinator you will impact the lives of children and families through the recruitment, coordination, supervision, and engagement of all individual and group volunteers in support of Buckner programs and fundraising efforts in your assigned region. This role is critical in cultivating volunteer support and community engagement for Buckner ministries.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Organize, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive volunteer program in your assigned region including recruitment, screening, training, supervision, evaluation, engagement and documentation of volunteers.
- Work closely with the Ministry Engagement Project Coordinator to develop and implement an effective volunteer recruitment strategy plan for the Rio Grande Valley regional ministries.
- Serve as the liaison between volunteers and staff to ensure that the use of volunteers meets the strategic needs of the programs and provides a quality experience for volunteers.
- Design and implement a volunteer engagement retention plan that includes volunteer recognition events.
- Serve as the point person for the volunteer management system for your region.
- Work with staff to identify how volunteers can be engaged to fulfill defined program needs. Ensure that the defined program needs are then submitted and posted in the volunteer management system and kept current.
- Maintain a master calendar of all volunteer activities in your region; distribute notices of activities and volunteer projects to program staff.
- Maintain detailed records regarding all volunteerism benefiting Buckner programs which includes maintaining the volunteer management database. Provide volunteer utilization reports for special events and activities.
- Conduct tours for campus and community programs.
- Assist with special events and projects in your assigned region that involve volunteers and donors.
- Identify and engage church and other community partners through effective use of volunteer opportunities. Represent Buckner at church and community meetings and with partners which are strategic in the fulfillment of defined volunteer opportunities.
- Facilitate volunteer training.
- Provide personal transportation to travel as needed for meetings, events, and other appointments as needed.
- Work a flexible schedule including evening and weekends as needed to attend events and other appointments.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.);
- Minimum of 2 years prior related experience;
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read, and write in both English and Spanish fluently;
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite, including advanced excel applications.
- Ability to observe and make accurate assessments of situations when working with volunteers, staff, children and families;
- Ability to use professional discernment skills and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to use analytical thinking to solve problems and present viable solutions;
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to effectively and professionally facilitate meetings and workshops to clearly deliver information to individuals/families and others;
- Age 21 with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record so you can be insured on the Buckner insurance and provide transportation as needed. Requires personal transportation to provide services throughout the local community;
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed;
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with coworkers, individuals and families.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
- Prior experience in volunteer recruitment, coordination, training and supervision.
- Prior experience using a volunteer management system and database.
- A commitment to your own professional growth and development to enhance program services.
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain excellent working relationships with your co-workers, volunteers, and the community that we rely on to support our programs.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.