About the Role
Ventana is a super luxury senior living community like no other. As a Physical Therapist you will pan and implement specific physical therapy treatment programs for residents in a variety of settings according to accepted Physical Therapy practices and principles and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate, develop, and initiate individual physical therapy treatment plan for residents in a variety of settings.
- Deliver physical therapy treatments and modalities per physician’s orders.
- Plan physical therapy services within each patient’s capabilities as indicated.
- Complete daily schedule of patient treatment with assignment of new residents and/or treatments to appropriate team member.
- Assign and supervise care given by the PTA and/or Therapy Tech/Aide.
- Collaborate with physician and nursing staff for plan of care as indicated.
- Observe and evaluate treatment effects and make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Timely and accurately record treatment effects in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain records pertinent to patient treatments; submit documentation timely.
- Timely and accurately complete discharge summary.
- Direct and/or conduct training for residents, staff, and students as directed.
- Maintain department policies and procedures in regard to safety, infection control and quality improvement programs. Initiate plan of correction based on recommendations from the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee (QAAC).
- Assist in identifying the need for most appropriate and cost effective adaptive equipment and training to help residents reach maximum physical function.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of care plans and resident assessment.
- Instruct residents and family members in care and use of adaptive equipment. Maintain communications with residents and family members on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain compliance with all BMM/Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Completes and/or meets required training and certification requirements of Buckner and governing authorities. Requires current certification as a Physical Therapist in the state of Texas. Minimum of one year related experience preferred. Prior related experience or training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy and experience with aging population preferred.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.