About the Role
As a Valet - Bellman you will impact the lives of our members and residents through displaying excellent customer service.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Answers phone in a warm and friendly manner when a Member calls to retrieve a vehicle. Collect all the necessary information from the Member so that the vehicle can be brought to the driveway at the requested.
- Retrieves information from Valet Service APP to assist Members and guests. Works collectively with the First Impressions Team to provide an exceptional experience.
- United States driver's license; driving record in good standing.
- Maintains accurate control of keys for parked vehicles.
- Handles all Member interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints, assists customers in all inquiries in connection with Buckner Senior Living.
- Must be able to drive manual and electric transmission vehicles.
- The ability to stand during an entire work shift.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any issues related to vehicles, need for vehicle maintenance and any situation that could potentially cause a safety hazard.
- Communicate with Members, family members, coworkers, guests, and others in a friendly and congenial manner consistent with Buckner service standards.
- Assist other designated staff as needed to provide assistance to Members and/or support community operations.
- Observe and immediately verbally report Member symptoms, reactions and changes which you believe could adversely affect the safety of Members. Provide written reports to appropriate leadership, as required.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Prior related experience working and interacting with Senior Adults.
- Requires a current Texas Driver License and the ability to drive manual and automatic transmissions.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to work under a flexible and busy schedule.
- Requires knowledge and ability to maintain the vehicle in a safe, operational manner.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English; ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate verbally with people in a professional manner. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step and general instructions.
- Requires ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or assist youth who required physical assistance loading and unloading the vehicles.
- Requires ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, handle, stand, and walk over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision performing routine, standardized tasks and exercising excellent professional judgment.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.