About the Role
As a Bartender you will impact the lives of senior adults through serving our members in our beautiful Sky Lounge.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for members in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Interact with members, take orders and serve drinks/snacks.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Plan and present bar menu
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Stay member focused and nurture an excellent experience.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step instructions.
- Requires ability to move food serving and preparation equipment as needed, using up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Requires ability to walk, sit, stand sometimes for prolonged periods of time. Requires ability to turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, push, pull, handle, and carry or otherwise manipulate objects.
- Requires ability to safely utilize kitchen equipment and recognize differences in sound generated by equipment or machinery which may indicate operation problems or safety concerns.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision performing routine, standardized tasks.
- Requires ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires ability to learn basic food serving, cleanliness and sanitation requirements.
- Requires commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient Rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.