About the Role
Ventana is a super luxury senior living community unlike no other. As a Healthcare Administrator you are responsible for efficient functioning and coordination of all departments in both the hospital and nursing homes, program planning, organization of the departments, control of activities, interpreting and administering policies of the governing body and all the agencies involved, and insuring that residents receive the highest level of health care. Provide educational/continuing educational facilities and make every effort to meet the health care needs of the community. Develop and recommend policies and procedures for various hospital and nursing home activities.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s nursing home programs and activities.
- Review and evaluate existing policies, procedures and work methods by means of periodic and special studies, and direct installation of improved work methods and procedures in insure achievement of objectives of the programs.
- Coordinate and integrate functional phase of total nursing homes; implement standards and methods for measurement of nursing home activities.
- Provide for an administrative management organization including budget and finance, human resources, purchase and supply, building and grounds maintenance, housekeeping and dietary as well as recreational activities and integrate these services with the patient care plan for the residents.
- Authorize the purchase of supplies and equipment such as drugs, linens, and equipment for all hospital and nursing departments. Oversee that a continuous supply of utilities, refrigeration, linens, heat and air conditioning is furnished, and that the housekeeping program meets the needs of the hospital and nursing homes.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Participate in annual budget process. Develop and manage budget effectively. Manage program resources to insure they are used efficiently and appropriately.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Make routine inspections of the campus to ensure that established policies and procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Assure that all campus personnel, residents, and visitors follow established safety regulations including fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc. at all times. Assure that all personnel attend appropriate safety and organizational training as needed.
- Review accident/incident reports and establish an effective accident prevention program.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Source, hire, supervise, monitor, evaluate and provide direction to direct reports, as needed. Provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate annual goals and objectives; monitor and provide constructive feedback; conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Cultivate and monitor relationships with outside service providers, consultants, agencies and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to clients.
- Serve on various committees as requested by Executive Director.
- Make written and oral reports to the President of Executive Director regarding the operations of the facilities as requested.
- Ensure that the residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, individuality, privacy and property and civil rights are well established and maintained at all times by all personnel. Ensure that all residents receive attention in a manner and in an environment that maintains or enhances their quality of life without abridging the safety and rights of other residents.
- Review resident complaints and grievances; make written reports of action taken and provide a copy to the Executive Director.
- Liaison to residents, families, and community; speak in public on behalf of Buckner as directed.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct staff meetings regularly; attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Develop emerging leadership through professional growth and development.
- Work successfully as a part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Travel as needed to monitor, assess and help develop programs.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary to meet business needs.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Involves ability to define problems, draw conclusions and make decisions dealing with abstract variables. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s Degree preferred. Requires a minimum of 5 years prior related experience in a supervisory capacity in the field of long term care or aging services in a nursing facility. Minimum 1 year prior related experience as an Assistant Administrator in a nursing facility.
- Requires a current Administrators License issued by the Texas Board of Licensure for Nursing Home Administrators.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.