About the Role
As a Foster Care Case Manager you will impact the lives of children placed in licensed foster homes through coordination of service providers based on the service plan that is created for the client. You will work primarily with the Community Based Care program and Our Community Our Kids in Region 3B.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of foster children placed in a Buckner foster home.
- Participate in regular supervision and support with the client and foster parents during frequent home visits, office visits, and telephone contact.
- Complete accurate and thorough documentation for case according to Buckner guidelines.
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling, and crisis intervention.
- Develop, monitor, and review with clients their Plan of Service designed to increase strengths, address needs, and reduce conflict in the home.
- Assist in the screening and licensing of potential foster parents.
- Complete home studies for potential foster parents.
- Facilitate training for foster parents to provide them with continuing education.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a human services or related field and a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to successfully and effectively communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legalities involved with medical intervention.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with awareness that error may have serious consequences.
- Ability to work nights and weekends to meet business needs and serve clients.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Counseling and/or social work licensure.
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain awesome working relationships with your coworkers, volunteers, and the community served.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.