About the Role
As a Maintenance Tech you will impact the lives of our members and residents through ensuring all work orders are completed, all repairs are fixed, and any other inquiries are resolved.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, sanding, or removing old paint. Fill holes and interstices with putty or other filler.
- Clean metal surfaces and exterior walls with a metal scraper and steel wool brush to remove dirt, rust and scale. Remove old paint by applying paint remover.
- Removes fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers to prevent over paint.
- Repairs holes in drywall using spackling compound or other materials.
- Measure, cut, fit and fasten drywall panels to wood or metal structures.
- Prepares joints with proper drywall corners, floats, and textures.
- Tapes joints, holes, and uses spackling to float joints, sands joints to a smooth finish even with surrounding drywall.
- Applies appropriate texture to surfaces according to instructions and/or to match surrounding drywall.
- Paint and redecorate walls, woodwork, furniture and fixtures. Scrape, brush or burn off old paint. Mix color oils and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color and consistency or thin ready-mixed paint as necessary. Apply paint with brush or spray gun.
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred; minimum of one year related experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instruction.
- Ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with objects, equipment and/or machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are of some importance.
- Ability to stand, wall, climb stairs and ladders; and push and pull equipment. Ability to move heavy materials and equipment. Crouches, kneels, stoops, reaches, and turns over 75% of shift.
- Ability to recognize difference in sound generates by equipment or machinery which may indicate operating problems or safety concerns.
- Ability to work under close supervision performing routine, standardized tasks. Some initiative and judgment involved in providing assistance to others wherever required.
- Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for residents in vicinity and ability to cooperate and work with other employees. Ability to learn to adjust and operate electric-powered equipment. ability to work with hand and tools.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make self understood effectively in fact to face interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Ventana by Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Ventana by Buckner.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.