About the Role
As a Physical Therapist Assistant you will impact the lives of our clients through providing exceptional physical training programs.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, initiate individual physical therapy treatment plan for residents in a variety of settings.
- Deliver physical therapy treatments and modalities per physician’s orders.
- Plan physical therapy services within each patient’s capabilities as indicated.
- Review daily schedule of patient treatment with assignment of new residents and/or treatment.
- Supervise care given by Therapy Tech/Aide.
- Collaborate with physician and nursing staff for plan of care as indicated.
- Observe and evaluate treatment effects and make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Timely and accurately record treatment effects in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain records pertinent to patient treatments; submit documentation timely.
- Timely and accurately complete discharge summary.
- Direct and/or conduct training for residents, staff, and students as directed.
- Maintain department policies and procedures in regard to safety, infection control and quality improvement programs. Initiate plan of correction based on recommendations from the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee (QAAC).
- Assist in identifying the need for most appropriate and cost effective adaptive equipment and training to help residents reach maximum physical function.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of care plans and resident assessment.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- Completes and/or meets required training and certification requirements of Ventana by Buckner Buckner and governing authorities. Requires current certification as an Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of Texas. Minimum of one year related experience preferred. Prior related experience or training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy and experience with aging population preferred.
- Requires understanding and ability to use simple arithmetic and grammar with accuracy, equivalent to knowledge normally acquired through four years of high school (or G.E.D.). Ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of the principles and practices of physical therapy.
- Requires proficient working knowledge of documentation of patient treatments as required by federal and state regulations.
- Requires ability to apply treatment modalities to residents under direction of physical therapist and physician’s orders.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English.
- Requires ability to lift, position and transfer residents and equipment in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires ability to comply with Patient rights, all regulatory requirements, and all company policies and procedures as stated now and in the future.
- Requires ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with residents, families, visitors and co-workers. Ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Position requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, climbing, kneeling, walking, and sanding over 75% of shift.
- Requires ability to work under close supervision with awareness that error may have serious consequences. Exercise patience, initiative, and judgment (following established guidelines) regularly and effectively.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.