About the Role
As a Transportation Associate you will impact the lives of our members and residents through displaying excellent customer service.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Answers phone is a warm and friendly manner when a guest calls to retrieve a car. Collect all the necessary information from the guest so that the car can be brought to the drive.
- Warmly greets guest who wants to retrieve a parked car. Collects payment for parking services and accurately posts the payment. Deposits all cash receipts in accordance with established procedures. Directs valet parkers to retrieve the car.
- United States driver's license; driving record in good standing
- Maintains accurate control of keys for parked cars
- Handles all Member interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints, assists customers in all inquiries in connection with Buckner Senior Living.
- Must be able to drive manual transmission vehicles
- The ability to stand during an entire work shift
- Immediately notify supervisor of any issues related to vehicles, need for vehicle maintenance and any situation that could potentially cause a safety hazard.
- Communicate with residents, family members, coworkers, guests, and others in a friendly and congenial manner consistent with Buckner service standards.
- Assist other designated staff as needed to provide assistance to residents and/or support facility operations.
- Observe and immediately verbally report resident symptoms, reactions and changes which you believe could adversely affect the safety of residents. Provide written reports to appropriate leadership, as required.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintain compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) required. Prior related experience working with and driving senior adults in a 12-15 passenger vehicle preferred.
- Requires a current Texas Driver License and the ability to drive manual and automatic transmissions.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to work under a flexible and busy schedule.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- Requires knowledge and ability to maintain the vehicle in a safe, operational manner.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English; ability to read, write and understand business documents which are written in English.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate verbally with people in a professional manner. Requires ability to make self clearly understood by others.
- Requires ability to understand and follow basic written and oral step-by-step and general instructions.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.