About the Role
As a Family Pathways counselor you will impact the lives of children and families through direct counseling services provided as well as parent education, budget management training, and employment, independent living, and social skills workshops.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our team you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor programs to meet the changing needs of clients.
- Complete needs assessments and develop individual therapeutic goals and action plans with clients.
- Provide therapeutic services in individual, family, and group settings for clients and their families.
- Prepare initial treatment plans for each client.
- Effectively develop treatment plans and monitor the family dynamics.
- Serve as an advocate for clients.
- Promote Buckner programs within the community. Develop relationshps with donors, churches, schools and other agencies.
- Become a liaison to the community; speak in public on behalf of Buckner.
- Represent Buckner at special events, activities and other assigned functions.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
To be successful in this role and a great addition to our team we need you to come with the following:
- A Master's Degree so as to be able to define problems, collect date, establis facts and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables.
- LCSW, LMFT OR LMSW working toward an LCSW through Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners or an LPC; or a Master's Degree in Psychology working toward an LPC or LMFT full licensure. Minimum 3 years prior related experience working with children and families required.
- Excellent counseling and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient working knowledge and understanding of the legalities involved with medical/clinical, child abuse, and crisis intervention.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively provide services to clients who have been victimized by abuse or neglect.
- Proficient working knowledge and understanding of play therapy techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use tact and courtesy in interactions with children and families.
- A professional commitment to Christian principles so as to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values;
In addition to the amazing qualifications and experiences listed above, if we had our say, we would also look for:
- A willingness and desire to build and maintain awesome working relationships with your coworkers, volunteers, and the community served in our Family Pathways Program.
At Buckner one of the ways we show value to our team members is by offering the following perks:
- Medical and Dental benefits for employees and their eligible dependents;
- Life insurance;
- Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits;
- Paid Time Off and Holidays;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Retirement Savings Plan; and
- The 5Star Fun Benefit: encourages employees to spread good cheer to their co-workers and others, creating a happy, healthy environment for all!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Buckner is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Buckner.