BUCK is a talent-driven, global creative company with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Sydney, and Amsterdam. Since 2004 we have been building a home for the world’s most talented dreamers, makers, and doers in a collaborative, ego-free culture that breeds partnership and creative ambition. At our core, we exist to find creative opportunities in every challenge, not just to think, but to make, and ultimately put extraordinary things into the world that inspire people.
BUCK is seeking a full-time 3D Lead Artist to join our fast-growing team.
- 3-4+ Years of experience working in an industry relevant to the skillset, either as a Generalist or Senior Lighter
- 1+ Years of experience leading small or medium projects.
- Able to execute at least 2 of the following at a high level:
- Character Modeling and/or Hard Surface Modeling
- Scene assembly and Lighting
- CG Compositing (Nuke)
- VFX Compositing (Nuke)
- Technical and Mograph Animation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good understanding of the CG pipeline.
- Strong organizational skills and discipline.
- Ability to track your own work as well as other people's work.
- Good delegation skills
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to do self-directed learning
- Ability to understand and distill client and creative feedback.
- Experience nurturing other artists and giving feedback.
- Experience problem-solving technical challenges.
- Intimate software knowledge of at least 1 of the following CG packages:
- Good working knowledge of Nuke
- Relevant render engines:
Possible Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in seeking out and interviewing new talent.
- Training and nurturing team members
- Leading CG projects to completion
- Actively engaging in project planning and scheduling freelancers.
- Managing artists and delegating work.
- Work with Creative Directors to understand the project's vision and work on solutions to execute it successfully.
- Distilling creative and client feedback to artists
- Giving artistic feedback to artists
- Identify technical problems and be responsible for the solution.
- reporting progress to the CG supervisor
- Investigate new workflows, tools and efficiencies within the department.
- Partner with Designers and Creative Directors to produce styleframes and designs for project pitches.
- Partner with the Creative Technology department in order to generate real-time ready assets.
BUCK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.