Bubble’s mission is to enable anybody to create software, even if they don’t know how to code. We feel that with how vital technology is, its creation can’t be restricted to a small number of people with CS degrees or coding backgrounds. Today, we have an industry-leading no-code tool that helps users build VC-backed startups, personal projects, internal company tools and more.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Technical PM to partner closely with our Platform (Infrastructure) Engineering team to make an impact on our technology, our product and our business. Bubble has unique infrastructure / platform needs - not only are we a visual design and programming tool, but we also host all Bubble apps for our users (possibly one of the most understated and “magical” experiences of the Bubble product - users don’t have to worry about scaling at all!). This means that we are tackling unique scaling projects for a company of our size, and there’s room to build out industry best practices as well as get creative.
The Platform team, which is currently large enough to split into two sprint groups, has grown in size over the past months. We are looking for somebody experienced in Technical Product Management who will own the platform roadmap, partner closely with Engineering to determine the scope and tradeoffs of specific projects, and help us execute on that roadmap, all with an eye towards impact on our product, our users’ (internal and external) needs and our business goals. They will help us understand what impact the Platform team is aiming to have and how we know whether we are succeeding in that goal.
Given the expectations for this role, we are looking for somebody with a strong technical background and prior years of experience as a Technical PM. If you like to get into the weeds with Engineering on tough technical problems but also be the bridge between Engineering and the rest of the business, this role is for you!
- Has several (4+) years of Technical PM experience
- Strong technical background - prior familiarity with code is a requirement; work experience as an infrastructure SWE is a big plus
- Has worked in a pod / squad structure at a startup of our scale or slightly bigger
- Likes to drive towards measurable, concrete impact - on the technology, on the product, for our users, and for the business
- Metrics-oriented, but also cares about the qualitative story
- Likes to dive into the technical weeds, but is also good at extricating themselves and seeing the bigger picture
- Is organized and has good attention to detail
- Enjoys working cross-functionally across the company
- Loves creating things, working on side projects, or thinking about ways to make something more efficient
- Loves learning new productivity tools
- Is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty
- Likes working in a fast-paced environment of a growing startup
If this sounds like you, apply! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications but think you could be a match, we’d still love the chance to review your application.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $145,000 to $196,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bubble is very remote-friendly, and we have Bubble employees who work across the United States. You’ll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.