Bubble’s mission is to enable anybody to create software, even if they don’t know how to code. We feel that with how vital technology is, its creation can’t be restricted to a small number of people with CS degrees or coding backgrounds. Today, Bubble is an industry-leading no-code tool that helps users build VC-backed startups, personal projects, internal company tools and more.
Bubble’s Data Team:
Today, the Data team is two professionals and is part of the Product organization. The team supports data needs across all teams of the company - including Marketing, Finance, Success, Sales and People.
While we have a centralized Data team, we’ve also helped train up “point people” on other teams on relevant data schemas and Looker skills, so that they can serve as the first line of defense for data questions from their teams. We strive to unblock other teams on any analytics questions that inform their decisions, while using our spare bandwidth for more proactive analyses and explorations into impactful questions for the company.
About the role:
We are looking for a Manager for our Data Analytics team with several years of data experience and a strong technical background. This person will help us define what it means for the Data team to shift from analytics-focused to strategic, and chart our course there. They will manage the Data team and act in a “player-coach” capacity - getting their hands dirty with their own projects while managing the team of two other members.
We are specifically looking for a Lead who has a strong product analytics background themselves, who can evolve our capabilities.
While the Data team partners with every department at Bubble on analytics projects, we want to take on more and more “proactive” projects that identify important questions we should be asking and that get us to those insights. Becoming a strategic data team will require partnering well with the other teams, balancing velocity with thoroughness. Bubble today has a relatively centralized data stack, so there is a lot of data to use and potential to explore.
Our Data Stack:
This person will also own and oversee our data stack. We use many no-code data pipeline tools today that mean we haven’t needed a full-time Data Engineer yet. For context, data stack tools we use include: Snowflake, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, Stitch, Fivetran and Bubble itself. Prior experience with any of these is a plus.
- 7+ years of data experience, with a focus on product analytics
- Data experience in a startup tech company setting, ideally a SaaS product
- Exposure to analytics in another company function (eg Marketing, Finance, Sales, etc.) is a big plus
- Experience managing a team
- Fluency in SQL and a BI tool like Looker
- Exposure to no-code data stack tools like Segment or Fivetran
What will help you excel in this role:
- You share Bubble’s view that Data is a strategic, not just analytical, function
- Can drive analytical projects efficiently and effectively to resolution and insight
- Like to have measurable impact on the business
- Very metrics-oriented, but also care about the qualitative story; previous experience collaborating with Research
- Enjoy working cross-functionally across the company
- Enjoy working in details but can also take a step back to think about the overall picture
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands on a keyboard
If this sounds like you, apply! If you don’t meet all of the qualifications but think you could be a match, we’d still love the chance to review your application.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $174,000 to $236,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bubble is very remote-friendly, and we have Bubble employees who work across the United States. You’ll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.