Bubble is simultaneously a no-code design tool, a Turing-complete programming language, and a hosting platform as a service. As you might imagine, the technical challenges we face are interesting and diverse. We view ourselves as still early-stage in our long-term product journey, and there is unlimited scope for engineers to shape our future direction.
Senior engineers at Bubble are expected to have a strong voice in both product and technical direction, ship a lot of code, drive technical excellence, and teach and learn from their colleagues. We have a culture that emphasizes trust and autonomy, where teams are given problems to tackle rather than solutions to implement.
Team placement is flexible, and we encourage internal mobility. Current openings include:
- Our Growth team: we are looking for fast-moving, business-minded full stack engineers to build a world-class new user experience and tackle hard problems around motivating and guiding users as they learn our powerful and complex product
- Our Editor team: we are looking for experienced engineers who are passionate about programming languages and/or design tools to evolve the core Bubble language, make our editor usable and intuitive, and add new capabilities to our product. We prefer diverse technical backgrounds with both frontend and backend experience.
- Our Platform team: we are looking for backend and infrastructure engineers to build scalable, secure architecture, internal tooling and testing infrastructure, and highly-performant services.
For all our openings, we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ industry experience as a software engineer, preferably at high-growth startups
- Strong coding skills and the ability to mentor other engineers
- Excellent communication
- Alignment with our values: a desire to empower others, a focus on team and user success over individual achievement, and transparency and willingness to admit mistakes and failures
We don’t require new hires to be experts in our tech stack day 1, but some familiarity and a willingness to learn fast is helpful:
- Frontend: Typescript, SolidJS
- Backend: Typescript, Node.js, Redis, Postgres, TimescaleDB
- Infrastructure: AWS, CDK / Terraform, ECS, Typescript, Elastic
This is an exciting opportunity to help define the future of software development! We look forward to hearing from you.
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier one markets, such as New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. Our estimated salary for this role at Bubble ranges from $157,000 to $213,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience and market demand.
In addition, all Bubble employees are eligible for meaningful equity packages. We offer health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plans with an employer match, flexible paid time off, a sabbatical every 3 years, and generous parental leave. We also offer a variety of stipends to use towards your work from home setup, learning, and wellness-related purchases.
At Bubble, we encourage people from all ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Bubble does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bubble is very remote-friendly, and we have employees who work across the United States. You’ll be able to identify which state you plan to work in on your application. Note: at this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.