As a Software Architect, you will architect, design, implement and support features for our products and platforms. As a technical leader, you will use your experience and knowledge to help guide the team in designing, developing and shipping quality, scalable products that meet current needs and anticipate future business requirements. You will work across teams and products to ensure software designs address system needs as well as product needs. You will interface with internal teams, such as Product, Quality and DevOps, to help bring our codebase to a modern, testable, maintainable platform. You will also be responsible for evolving our development organization in areas such as unit testing, R&D innovation, API design, CI/CD and software performance.
What You'll Do:
- Work with an experienced team leveraging Scrum techniques building customer-facing products
- Design, code, test, and support both UI and backend services
- Write automated unit tests using TDD and BDD techniques
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Create software designs that consider both current and possible future requirements
- Take part in design reviews across multiple teams and products
- Explain technical concepts to both tech and non-tech audiences
- Mentor experienced and inexperienced developers
- Peer review other team members’ work
- Diagnose production issues and propose solutions that achieve the proper balance between technically-sound yet quick to implement
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Proven success in designing, coding and implementing enterprise SaaS systems in a fast-paced, product-centric environment – 15+ years of relevant experience, at least 6 years in SaaS
- Proficiency in designing enterprise systems at scale
- Mastery of multiple high-level languages such as C#, Java, C++ or Node.js
- Proficiency within an Agile/SCRUM process
- Knowledge of testable application design principles, utilizing Karma, NUnit or similar
- Strong understanding of SQL and relational databases, such as SQL Server or MySQL
- Proficiency in multiple persistence technologies such as relational databases, NoSQL, indexed files, etc.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing REST APIs
- Proficiency in building behavior-driven development tests for desired business behavior
- Well-honed skills in source control management using Git or similar
- Mastery in AWS, Azure or a similar cloud platform
- Proven success in mentoring experienced and inexperienced developers
- Proficiency in communicating to various audiences and able to adjust message to a particular audience
- Ability to be a technical leader by influencing and educating others as opposed to command & control
- Masters degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience), along with a firm understanding of data structures, design patterns and scalable software design
SALARY RANGE BELOW FOR COLORADO BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Target Base Compensation: $140,000.00 - $210,000.00 (bonus and equity offered in addition to base compensation)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package.
What You'll Get:
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Who We Are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $50B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.