BTIG seeks an experienced and proactive Accounting Clerk to work with the Finance team. This position will be responsible for general accounting and administrative functions. The candidate will support the Finance team by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. The candidate will report to the Accounting Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the full cycle of Accounts Payable, including preparing and processing invoices
- Reconcile discrepancies and resolve vendor statements
- Maintain sub ledgers for use tax filings
- Support & review Employee Reimbursements
- Assist with month-end closing procedures
- Support all processes of the Finance Team
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a finance department preferably in the Financial Services
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Naturally inquisitive with high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products especially in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Thrives in a high performance, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with limited supervision
- BTIG offers competitive compensation and is required by law to include an estimate of the salary range for each role. Salary range is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, location, years of applicable experience, skills, qualifications, licensure and certifications, and other business and organization needs.
- The current base salary range for this role is $65,000 - $80,000 per year. Please note that certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as discretionary bonus or overtime.
- Must be authorized to work full time in the U.S., BTIG does not offer sponsorship for work visas of any type
- No phone calls please, the applicant will be contacted within two weeks if successful
BTIG is a global financial services firm specializing in institutional trading, investment banking, research and related brokerage services. With an extensive global footprint and more than 750 employees, BTIG, LLC and its affiliates operate out of 23 cities throughout the U.S., and in Europe, Asia and Australia. BTIG offers execution, expertise and insights for equities, equity derivatives, ETFs and fixed income, currency and commodities (futures, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates, credit, and convertible and preferred securities). The firm’s core capabilities include global execution, portfolio, electronic and outsource trading, investment banking, prime brokerage, capital introduction, corporate access, research and strategy, commission management and more. https://www.btig.com/Disclosures.aspx
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. BTIG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.