BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 265 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Manager, Consumer Sectors, works collaboratively across BSR, with an emphasis on Consumer Sectors, including Food, Beverage and Agriculture; Consumer Products; and Healthcare, on a range of consulting and member services. Managers can expect a focus on Supply Chain and Sustainability Management project work (strategy, corporate governance, stakeholder engagement, and sustainability reporting) among other focus areas. The position ensures exceptional project execution and high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and other partners. We are particularly interested in experience in sustainable sourcing or healthcare.
Managers work collaboratively across BSR’s industry and practice teams on a range of consulting, grant-funded projects, and collaborative initiatives. Managers ensure exceptional project execution and high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and other partners.
- Project Management and Implementation: Assume responsibility for implementing consulting and grant-funded projects, which includes overseeing project scope, timeline, deliverable quality and budget; managing clients and project teams; providing subject matter expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing tools; and presenting at and facilitating client meetings.
- Member and Client Management: Maintain day-to-day client relationships; oversee member relationships; and support member recruitment and business development.
- Team management: Lead project teams to effectively execute project objectives, outcomes, and impacts; establish the standards by which the project will be guided, including managing senior team members; and support team members’ learning and skills development.
- Master’s degree in business, sustainability, or CSR and 7 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO, or similar role in a consumer-facing company or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position. Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to undertake up to 25% business travel post COVID-19.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.