BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
BSR partners with many leading international organizations and companies to advance our major priorities focused on women’s empowerment, climate change, and human rights.
Associates are responsible for conducting research and analysis, writing, logistics planning, and other support on BSR advisory services for the benefit of BSR members, funders, or other clients. This includes participating in business consulting and training work as required. The position is full-time and based in Paris or Copenhagen and will have a primary focus on business and human rights.
- Support project managers in implementing projects with member and other companies, particularly through research, writing, and consulting on a range of sustainability issue areas with a focus on human rights.
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis on sustainability leadership and human rights practices, and emerging issues and trends in a range of industry sectors utilizing a wide range of sources, including web searches, interviews, and other methodologies and participates in field work as needed.
- Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans, schedules, and budgets for the delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the content and design of working group meetings, trainings, and workshops and ensure the accuracy of all materials.
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help BSR accomplish its mission and goals.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience), or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Experience working directly with companies on human rights implementation—whether from an NGO, consultancy, government, or international institution.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet stringent deadlines, communicate progress on projects or event planning, and work with managers to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with both internal and external clients.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in Spanish or French a plus.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to undertake business travel to difficult environments and developing countries.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity, and a commitment to BSR’s mission.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.