BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Manager will perform a wide range of duties to drive business development and deliver and manage projects. With a strong consulting and business development background, the Manager will work with the Engagement team to create innovative solutions that deliver value to BSR clients. This will include leading BSR’s China teams to execute projects as well as working with BSR leadership to coordinate and grow our presence and team in China. The position will report to the BSR China Director and will be based in Shanghai.
- Contact potential clients and member companies to develop business opportunities, with a particular focus on consulting work.
- Develop project proposals and carry out from negotiations to contract signature.
- Work with BSR U.S. and EMEA teams to create industry-wide business development strategies and follow multinational business opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective communication and relationships with member companies operating in the region.
- Deliver projects to the needs, expectations, and timelines of the customer.
- Coordinate team capacity to properly manage multiple projects with different clients and industries.
- Work collaboratively with project teams, providing guidance, support, or assistance as needed.
- Communicate proactively to BSR regarding project needs, status, and updates.
Collaborative Team Leadership:
- Work with project teams to build an effective business development and consulting team.
- Act as a team player and share knowledge across the team and organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; Master's degree preferred (M.B.A., Master’s in Public Policy, Master’s of Environmental Science, etc.).
- 5-10 years of work experience in a consulting or business development role, preferably at least partly in China.
- Strong and demonstrable project management experience with a skill set in relevant project management tools.
- Strong writing skills and ability to translate complex issues into concise, relevant stories.
- Consulting experience and/or proven ability to perform the key functions of a consultant, including: developing and maintaining client relationships, pursuing and creating business opportunities, and managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Corporate experience: The ideal candidate would offer a combination of consulting experience and corporate-level experience interacting with multinational company personnel. Experience in a conglomerate environment is desirable.
- Well-developed leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to enhance the skills and effectiveness of other team members.
- Excellent verbal, written, and facilitation skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese is preferred.
- Willingness to undertake business travel up to 25% of the time.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.