BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Manager, Future of Work will be part of BSR’s Inclusive Economy area of expertise team. The Manager will support ongoing BSR programs, including the Global Impact Sourcing Coalition (http://gisc.bsr.org/), on working with companies to expand economic opportunities in underserved U.S. communities. The Manager will also work closely with BSR directors and managers to develop and deliver consulting and grant-funded projects that provide high value to BSR members and other leading companies that are interested in improving their sustainability performance as it relates to good jobs and workforce issues. The manager will support the consulting business development and grant development efforts. This position is full-time and based in New York or San Francisco. The position will focus primarily on projects in the U.S., with opportunities to support teams in other BSR offices on future of work programs as well.
- Consulting and Grants: The Manager will play a key role in designing and delivering consulting services and grant-funded projects to member and non-member companies on issues related to good jobs and the future of work.
- Business Development: The Manager will have responsibility for developing new business opportunities and grants on issues related to the future of work.
- Project Implementation: The Manager will assume responsibility for designing and implementing advisory services projects with members and non-members. The role includes budgeting and forecasting, people management, subject matter expertise, and presentation and facilitation skills.
- Collaborative Action: The Manager will support collaborative action initiatives in U.S. and globally, helping to drive innovative approaches to creating business and social value for participating companies on areas such as good jobs in direct operations and upskilling the workforce for automation and digital technologies.
- Thought Leadership and External Representation: The Manager will represent BSR to external audiences by presenting at industry conferences, writing publications, forming beneficial external partnerships, and creating other opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an international and entrepreneurial environment, working at the nexus between business and society. The candidate must be able to plan, execute, and continuously improve his/her work independently and/or in close collaboration with colleagues, as appropriate.
The candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field such as business, education, human resources, or public policy.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience gained in a human resources consulting firm, NGO, educational institution, or foundation working on skills and workforce development, or similar role in a corporation.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in one or more areas of future of work topics, including upskilling and training programs for automation, digital workforce skills, gig economy/contingent workers, living wage, setting supplier standards for job quality, and advancing job quality in direct operations.
- Knowledge of U.S. workforce development partners, foundations, and state and local stakeholders advancing economic opportunities.
- Proven and demonstrated track record of success in working with business in a client-facing position.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in both written and conversational English.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with companies.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Ability to undertake business travel 20 percent of time or more.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.