Bed-Stuy New Beginnings:
Bedford Stuyvesant New Beginnings Charter School is an elementary and middle school proudly serving the students in our neighborhood in Brooklyn, affectionately known worldwide as 'Bed-Stuy'. Opened in 2010, we serve more than 670 scholars in Kindergarten - Eighth Grade through the pursuit of 21st century learning, project based & service learning, and traditional coursework strategies, students will be prepared to succeed in academically competitive schools as well as become responsible citizens of the global community.
Our ELA Teachers:
Our English Language Arts Teachers are a key component to our Middle School Team. Our ELA Teachers are committed to turning ELA into exciting, engaging, and rigorous opportunities for each and every scholar.
We foster a culture of excitement about learning for our students by partnering together to create vibrant learning environments focused on project and inquiry based learning. We have a co-teaching model that allows our classroom teachers to partner together to ensure our scholars are engaged with rich and rigorous lesson material. We have a collaborative environment that is designed to help our scholars engage in their studies as well as in their natural curiosities and to embrace a culture that is based on restorative practices; allowing our scholars to feel connected, empowered, and respected.
A day in the life of our ELA Teachers:
- You will collaborate with your fellow teachers to ensure our curriculum meets and exceeds the common core standards of learning.
- You will partner with your co-teacher to create and implement creative subject specific unit and lesson plans based on the needs of your scholars and that are in accordance with the BSNBCS Mission.
- Collaborate with other Teachers to share best practices you can professional grow as a team
- You’ll regularly report student progress while maintaining accurate and up to date records related to scholars’ achievement and performance.
- BNSBCS puts a big focus on our community, so you will need to take an active role in community outreach.
- Learning should be fun, so we want you to enjoy teaching and make every effort to make the learning environment engaging and exciting for your scholars!
What you need to bring to the table:
- You should have a valid and current New York State Teacher Certification. If you are not certified to teach in New York State, you must be actively working toward becoming certified to teach in New York via one of the NYS approved teacher certification pathways.
- You MUST have a Bachelor Degree in Education or related field
- You MUST clear a fingerprint background check to work in any school in NY, so we require all teachers to be cleared through IdentoGo prior to starting employment with us. This cannot be waived and must be complete PRIOR to starting employment with us.
- You should have at least 2+ years of classroom teaching experience, preferably in an urban school.
What we offer you:
- A full-time position with a competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience and qualifications
- Amazing benefits! As a member of the team, your care and well being are a top priority. You will have a great benefits package that is not only affordable but includes all the perks and benefits you deserve!
- A friendly and collaborative working environment
- The change to grow as a professional: You will be offered many opportunities to refine your skills and grow as a professional educator through quality professional development opportunities offered throughout the year!
- A learning environment that is innovative and creative: You will be empowered to be to take ownership of the learning environment in your classroom through 21st learning that is focused in project based, and inquiry based learning systems!
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Once we have received your application, we will review your qualifications and experience as quickly as possible and get back to you within one week of submission.