About Brunswick Group
Brunswick is a critical issues firm. We advise the world’s leading companies on how to navigate the critical issues they face and engage with their critical stakeholders.
Our purpose is to help our clients play their role in the world more successfully. We help the leaders of the world’s great value-creating organizations operate successfully across the increasingly complex and fast-changing arenas of finance, politics and society at large.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit centre. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 27 offices in 18 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities to provide expert advice to our clients on a range of business critical issues. We invested in new offices, sector teams and practice groups including investor engagement; shareholder activism; governance; regulatory and public affairs, including geopolitical; crisis; litigation; social issues including climate change and diversity, equity and inclusion; cybersecurity, data and privacy; employee engagement; digital communications; opinion research and analysis, and; creative services.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
Our work with Financial Institutions
We work with many of the world’s largest financial services companies, and we have accumulated extensive expertise in Banking, Insurance, Market Infrastructure, Payments, Asset Management, Private Equity and Fintech. We create expertly-defined communications strategies that get to the heart of specific opportunities and challenges faced by financial services companies around the world.
We have counselled corporations on protecting and enhancing their reputations over the long term, and have supported them through many of the most critical junctures in their history, including mergers and acquisitions, hostile defences, IPOs, capital raisings, leadership changes, governance matters, crises and responses to activist shareholders.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Financial Institutions Group (FIG), a global team of more than 60 advisors with a wealth of expertise across the sector, its issues, audiences and perceptions.
As a Director, you will lead on the development and delivery of strategic communications plans and provide senior level advice to a broad range of clients. You will develop and land regular and proactive ideas for clients, advising on critical issues impacting some of the world’s most influential businesses and playing a leading role as day-to-day point of contact for your clients.
You will also develop strategies to approach and cultivate new business targets using a strong internal network that includes talent from across Brunswick’s entire offering, as well as your own external network.
Directors ensure the smooth running of teams by establishing clear roles, managing performance, and ensuring that all key stakeholders and client needs are being covered by the team. You will work closely with Partners on all aspects of client management, including account finances, fee negotiation, and adviser meetings.
- Advise Financial Institution clients on a range of issues, both specific to financial services companies and applicable to businesses more broadly.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with senior client contacts to deliver strategic advice.
- Drive large, complex account teams, providing strategic direction and overall accountability.
- Actively extend internal and external networks and draw insights and opportunities from these.
- Regularly manage sensitive and complex media and/or regulatory issues.
- Work with a variety of client and pitch teams, serving as a regional/sector expert for other geographies and specialist offers.
- Use deep knowledge of the Financial Services sector to promote new business approaches and ideas.
- Identify new opportunities to deliver additional Brunswick expertise to clients; actively pursue and secure extensions of client relationships.
- Act as a leader on teams, providing strategic direction based on Partner guidance and ensuring teams are working effectively.
- Foster development of team members’ skills; serve as Development Mentor for junior colleagues.
You will have or be:
- A strong track record of either working in an advisory role in a Financial Institution or consulting experience, advising financial institution clients.
- Deep understanding of business and financial services: first-hand experience of handling highly topical issues, and an extensive network from which to draw intelligence.
- An understanding of the interplay between corporates, the financial community, the political and regulatory arena and social stakeholders.
- A global perspective and will have worked with international businesses or organisations.
- Credible and compelling with senior business leaders.
- A strong sense of corporate positioning, and how to develop strategies that can translate into programmes with real sustained impact.
- Experienced in media-handling, with advanced knowledge of the financial and business media.
- A consummate communicator: a compelling presenter and a strong writer.
- A balance of creative and analytical thinking, bringing rigour, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proven project and/or programme management experience.
- A natural team-worker and will prefer to work in a collegiate way.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Brunswick is an equal opportunities employer and our Equal Opportunities Policy is available on request.