The People Team at Brunswick is focused on the health and well-being of our employees. In this role, you will execute the Learning & Development strategy and administer all L&D functions for the US, in partnership with global learning & development team including:
- Manage the learning lifecycle from onboarding to exit, providing individualized opportunities based on personal development goals and appraisal outcomes
- Responsible for the management of all L&D functions including researching new HR matters and communicating impact to the leadership team, HR recommendations, employee relations, culture, equity work, reporting and analytics.
- Contribute to the design, and management of our Americas L&D programs. This individual will play an integral role in how we grow the best colleagues, leaders, and future talent
- Execute the strategic plan for L&D Programs at Brunswick.
- Serve as a thought leader by staying up to date on the latest research and current trends that promote healthy organizations and effective leaders and teams
- Diagnose, design and deliver high impact leader and team interventions, leveraging existing methodologies, tools and resources and in close partnership with respective HR Managers
- Oversee the analysis of learner feedback and other data to promote continuous improvement of development solutions, consistently moving development to the next level.
- Execute with strong project management skills, including monitoring work-plans and managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, and knowing when to escalate.
- Lead with excellence and foster a high-performing team in virtual environments; develop team members through advocacy, coaching, mentoring and training.
- Partner with leadership to understand the development needs of our future leaders, and propose on-the-job solutions focused, creative action learning, goal setting, and growth opportunities.
- Partner with Head of People, Global Head of L&D and leadership to build out development programs for newly promoted employees and leadership.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with leadership across the organization, HR Business Partners, specialized program managers (NextGen, DE&I, ERGs, etc)
- Create and execute yearly training calendar from content creation to feedback
- Work with Resourcing to ensure on-the-job experiences align with individual development goals
- Create development plans for individuals and align with training and job development resources
- Partner with L&D specialist to create and evolve intern program and ensure full-time hire readiness
- Guide first-year executive 90-day research training and assign to client accounts, hold 90-day check-in on experience for feedback and evolve the program
- Establish and manage vendor relationships – renew contracts, co-design trainings. Look for new partners to ensure DE&I objectives
- Create and maintain yearly training budget
- Create and manage the onboarding/ orientation program that includes training collateral, shadowing parameters, client account assignment, mentor and buddy pairings, and a full 90-day cycle, and 90-day onboarding experience new joiner feedback, in partnership with with L&D specialist
Knowledge & Experience
- At Brunswick, we look to hire smart, ambitious individuals who are dedicated to learning and growth. In addition to considering experience when reviewing talent, we look to see potential, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Standout candidates demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in handling all areas of L&D
- A well-rounded knowledge of human resource (HR) including employee relations, recruitment, benefits, wage and hour law, worker’s compensation, and human resource compliance.
- You are assertive and confident, earning the confidence of the leadership team and working with various personalities to influence change.
- Minimum 4 to 8 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, highly confidential, professional services environment
- Strong customer service mentality with the ability to juggle multiple clients and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Works well independently and as a team player
- Ability to think on their feet and have good judgment
- Ability to take on challenges and has a proactive approach to duties
- Project management
- Knowledge of popular learning models
- PowerPoint Proficiency
- Ability to connect with employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, with advanced organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving attitude, with exceptional project management
- Team player attitude, and a strong desire to collaborate with the Recruitment, People, and leadership
- Honest and skilled at providing accurate and timely information regarding requisition statuses and priority tasks
- Highly collaborative
- Flexible with the ability to react quickly to changing business needs
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues. Our purpose is to help the great value-creating organizations of the world play a more successful role in society.
We advise on critical issues at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Brunswick Group Inclusion and Diversity Statement
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 23 offices in 14 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities and expertise to crisis communications and communications on other business critical issues. We invested in new offices, sectors and a wider variety of offers for clients such as public and regulatory affairs, major litigation, business and society, cyber, employee engagement and digital. Our in-house creative agency, Merchant Cantos, delivers creative, visual content for clients.
We rank number 1 in the world over the last five years by global deal value and global deal volume and were named Band 1 advisors in the U.S. and the UK earlier this year by Chambers and Partners, the legal rankings service, as one of the very top communications firms offering legal and litigation support work.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
In the U.S., we have offices in Chicago, Dallas, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. In Brazil, we have an office in Sao Paulo. We advise clients on, among other things, domestic and cross border M&A, IPOs, activism, capital markets and investor relations, public and regulatory affairs, geopolitical issues, litigation, crisis, cyber, employee engagement, digital, opinion research and on broader reputation campaigns.
Colleagues in the U.S. are drawn from a variety of backgrounds and consist of in-depth industry and sector experts from banking, law, accounting, politics, government, journalism and the media, consulting and elsewhere. Our U.S. CEO is Nik Deogun.
Examples of long-standing clients in the U.S. include Abbott, AIG, AT&T, Harley-Davidson, McKinsey, Microsoft, United Airlines, United Healthcare, Stanford Medicine, The Gates Foundation and Western Union.
For more information on Brunswick, including our offices and client offers, please visit our website: www.brunswickgroup.com
Compensation & Benefits
The applicant who is selected for this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
In New York City, the range of base compensation will be: $135,000 - 155,000.
If an offer is extended to an applicant in New York City, the applicant will be paid in line with this range and based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. This range applies only to the New York City position, and salaries in other offices and regions will vary based on an applicant’s experience and qualifications, as well as the competitive landscape.
Bonus Eligibility: Annual discretionary bonus contingent upon individual performance and the overall performance of the Firm.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Disability insurance. Employee assistance program. Flexible spending account. Health savings account. Life insurance. Paid Time Off: Vacation and sick leave, as well as paid Bank Holidays. Firm-sponsored 401K Plan with 3% safe harbor contribution of base and bonus – immediate vesting.
Other: Career training and development opportunities and employee discounts.