Join Brunswick in Frankfurt/ Berlin/ Munich and help national and international clients navigate financial, crisis and corporate communications across Germany, Europe and globally.
Since 2011, we have focused on internal and external communications in special and business critical situations. We advise on transactions, crisis, transformation & restructuring, litigation, reputation, and corporate positioning for both large corporates and small and medium sized businesses.
As a Junior Consultant, you will deliver timely news updates and analysis–markets, media, political and broader stakeholder –and in doing so you will develop a strong understanding of clients’ businesses. Brunswick Junior Consultants are the eyes and ears of their teams; they prepare key client documents, in particular biographies, stakeholder lists and industry/competitor analysis, and often lead on research, working alongside our research teams.
Junior Consultants, ensure the smooth running of client projects and accounts, working alongside assistants to oversee logistics for client meetings and events, including developing agendas and ensuring documents are shared in advance.
Our work within corporate communications and financial advisory
Together with our offices in Berlin and Frankfurt, we cover a full range of industry sectors and specialisms to help our clients navigate the interconnected worlds of finance, regulatory and government affairs.
We work with many of the world’s largest companies, and we have accumulated extensive expertise in Industrials & Infrastructure with a focus on mobility and automotive, Banking, Insurance & Financial Services, Retail & CIG, Healthcare, Energy, TMT and others. We create expertly defined communications strategies that get to the heart of specific opportunities and challenges faced by corporates around the world. We have counselled corporations on protecting and enhancing their reputations over the long term and have supported them through many of the most critical junctures in their history, including mergers and acquisitions, hostile defences, IPOs, capital raisings, leadership changes, governance matters, crisis, and responses to activist shareholders.
We understand the challenges of communicating in a highly regulated, heavily scrutinized and often volatile environment. Successfully communicating with all stakeholders, including the investment community, media, governments, regulators, employees, customers and society-at-large is a key component of creating trust and confidence.
- Monitor client news, often in real-time; alert internal teams and clients to key market issues; provide research and analysis (qualitative and quantitative).
- Keep colleagues informed of project status; develop action plans/meeting notes as appropriate.
- Prepare reporter backgrounders and media lists.
- Perform competitive analyses of clients and peer groups; identify and analyse research and media coverage on industry trends.
- Effectively handle logistics around media and client meetings, announcement days, and other client events.
- Identify and assess media and visibility opportunities for clients.
- Begin to nurture network outside of the firm.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interest in financial and business issues. An understanding of financial terminology a plus.
- Demonstrate curiosity and awareness of current and relevant global issues.
- Ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise accordingly.
- Problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to exhibit discretion with confidential client matters.
- Self-motivated and an eager learner.
- Excellent language and writing skills in English and German
The start date will be October 2023.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Brunswick is an equal opportunities employer, and our Equal Opportunities Policy is available on request.
About Brunswick Group
Brunswick is a critical issues firm. We advise the world’s leading companies on how to navigate the critical issues they face and engage with their critical stakeholders.
Our purpose is to help our clients play their role in the world more successfully. We help the leaders of the world’s great value-creating organizations operate successfully across the increasingly complex and fast-changing arenas of finance, politics and society at large.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit centre. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 27 offices in 18 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities to provide expert advice to our clients on a range of business-critical issues. We invested in new offices, sector teams and practice groups including investor engagement; shareholder activism; governance; regulatory and public affairs, including geopolitical; crisis; litigation; social issues including climate change and diversity, equity and inclusion; cybersecurity, data and privacy; employee engagement; digital communications; opinion research and analysis, and; creative services.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
If you have any questions about the job offer, please contact us by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit the application, please use the application button only.