Campus Psychologist at Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools
Brooklyn LAB is looking for a School Psychologist to join the team!
ABOUT BROOKLYN LAB
Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools (LAB) is a network of open enrollment, college-prep, public charter schools that prepares students with the academic foundation, digital literacy, and leadership skills necessary to excel in college and professional life as they grow as ethical leaders.
The LAB Formula:
- More Time in School: Extended day, week, and school year focused on academic learning and unique enrichment activities (e.g., Digital Media, Coding, Debate, Visual Arts).
- High Dose Tutoring: Personalized, small group tutoring from trained college graduates for at least two hours each day.
- Next Generation Learning: A college prep curriculum with Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) -focused enrichment activities to prepare students to succeed in the jobs of the future.
About the role: As a Brooklyn Laboratory Charter School Psychologist, you will interact with students, parents, and educators at the Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools to support students with academic, social emotional learning and behavioral challenges that impact their educational success. The school-based psychologist must have excellent communication skills and a passion for understanding the unique needs of Middle and High School students. The School Psychologist will work side by side with administrators, teachers, families and students and collaborate with Committees on Special Education (CSE) to ensure the healthy development of all students. The school-based school psychologist will share best practices across the network to create a professional community that effectively supports the whole child.
The School Psychologist is responsible for administering student assessments, reviewing student data, and working with the Committee on Special Education to share student learning profiles. The School Psychologist role is to help develop and meet the goals of each child’s Individualized Education Program, or IEP. They share findings from psychological tests and observations. They also monitor student progress to ensure they are on track with the IEP recommendations. This role will also lead the implementation of organization-wide policies and work closely with the Director(s) of School(s) to set the vision for academic and social emotional learning excellence across LAB.
You will support our schools to successfully:
- Improve student academic achievement
- Promote school wide positive behaviors that encourage lifelong learning
- Support Exceptional Learners
- Work with Middle School and High School teams to create safe, positive learning environments
- Strengthen Family–School Partnerships
Practice and treatment areas may include:
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Direct Intervention - Individual and Group Sessions
- Consultation and Collaboration with Administrators, Teachers, and Parents
- Program Development
- Progress Monitoring
- Treatment Planning and Recommendations - IEP Meetings and Response to Intervention (RTI)
*Other responsibilities, as assigned, based on the needs of the school and its scholars.
About the Qualifications:
- BA/BS and Masters from an accredited institution
- State Certification/Licensure
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree
- Strong computer skills, including fluency with Google productivity tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including experience with data analysis
- Excellent project management skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to self-manage in a highly professional work environment, which requires interfacing with constituencies at the network and schools levels
- Experience working with Middle and High School students and working in Schools a plus
Certification from the National School Psychology Certification Board (NSPCB)
ABOUT BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Brooklyn LAB staff will receive a competitive benefits package that improves over time and is competitive with other New York City charter schools.
In addition to competitive salaries, Brooklyn LAB benefits package includes:
- 80% cost share of health, dental, and vision plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Annualized contribution to a LAB retirement plan which vests at a percentage annually
- An individual professional development allowance
BECOME BROOKLYN LAB!
Brooklyn LAB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and is committed to equal access for those with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To join Brooklyn LAB, please submit a resume and cover letter, including your interest in Brooklyn LAB and how you learned about the position.
Please note that due to our selection criteria, we will only notify candidates who meet our selection criteria.