Technology Operations Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the campus to which they report. Work tasks include resolving end user technology problems, networking issues, hardware issues and complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Associate will be providing IT support to faculty and staff for Brooklyn Lab Charter Schools. The Associate performs professional work of moderate complexity in technology-related disciplines and provides IT support to the faculty and staff.
The main responsibilities include the following:
- Apple hardware and software
- Level 1 assistance of G-Suite, Chrome applications and Chromebooks
- Level 1 assistance with our school information system-Cortex
- Smart technologies (smart boards and smart software)
- Telephone system support
- Copy machine/printer troubleshooting, including copy management application Paper Cut
- Monitoring our ticketing system, ensuring that tickets are addressed and resolved
- Audio visual setups for events
- General troubleshooting
- Engage in developing and ensuring security procedures for computer software, networks, and data
- Interact with vendors to acquire and implement new software and hardware, as well as upgrades and equipment maintenance.
- Assist in implementing contracts (including service contracts), monitoring compliance, evaluating performance, and making recommendations on renewals
- Determine training requirements; train and/or arrange for training for staff and the user community
- Assist in planning, analyzing, implementing and maintaining systems and networks, including contingency and capacity planning and quality assurance.
- Maintain standards for safety and the proper use of equipment and tools.
- Provide timely and effective service to the students, faculty and staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work schedule is 8:15 am - 5:30 pm. May work monthly events.
High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
An equivalent of three years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus one year of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus two years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
Demonstrated English Language proficiency
Experience with Google Classroom, chromebooks, and Apple Macbooks.
Ability to work independently, as part of a team and as a project lead
Brooklyn Lab encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.