Friends of Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools is seeking a Research Assistant focused on measurement to contribute to the generation of an interactive playbook for school-based directed research. The Research Assistant role will directly support the development of content through a review of the literature and a survey of existing corridors of research within learning organizations. Strong candidates will have familiarity with K-12 urban schools and education research. Experience with middle years math education, participatory action research, school-based directed research, and playbook generation a plus.
- Research student surveys and/or scales for measuring identity, belonging, and meaningfulness of math
- Draft summary report on effective math measures
- Research school-level playbooks across multiple domains
- Draft summary report on school-level structural change and intervention playbooks
- 1+ years of experience teaching math at the middle years level
- Deep understanding of urban schools and urban communities
- Experience with educational research and writing literature reviews