Friends Of Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools is seeking a Research Assistant to contribute to the generation of an interactive playbook for school-based directed research. The Research Assistant role will directly support the development of content through a review of the literature and a survey of existing corridors of research within learning organizations. Strong candidates will have familiarity with K-12 urban schools and education research. Experience with middle years math education, participatory action research, school-based directed research, and playbook generation a plus.
- Research the last decade of history advanced research in educational settings, including user-centered design, family engagement and communication, continuous improvement protocols, and how innovative education spaces that engage diverse stakeholders in directed research
- Draft and revise summary reports and case studies on particulars school-based directed research initiatives
- Research school-level evidence based interventions that affect middle years math participation and belonging
- Draft summary report on school-based middle years math interventions
- 1+ years of experience teaching math in grades 5-9
- Deep understanding of urban schools and urban communities
- Experience with educational research and writing literature reviews