InnovateEDU is a nonprofit organization with a mission to close the achievement gap in education through the development of innovative models and tools that serve, inform, and enhance teaching and learning. InnovateEDU brings together leaders in education and technology to design and develop breakthrough models and tools to help ensure that all students graduate from high school ready to succeed in college and careers of their choosing. We train educators and educate students with the goal of substantially improving the academic achievement of students in urban public schools. We develop technology, implement and urban education Fellowship and afterschool program at Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools, and advocate for data interoperability in education, among other projects.
Cortex is an integrated SIS and LMS that can create personalized learning progressions for students that allow students to own their own data and drive their own learning. With a focus on mastery of skills, Cortex allows teachers to track mastery against the Common Core or other state-based learning standards. The platform allows students and teachers to track the completion of a progression across goals and subjects through a common data visualization for mastery of content.
The Product Manager will quickly gain a deep knowledge of the Cortex product. We are looking for an experienced, innovative, and hands-on Product Leader who can coordinate simultaneous efforts across our development team as well as put in place policies and processes which drive the quality of the software and support. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams in startup environments as well as within more established companies, someone who can wear multiple hats and be strategic and tactical. The ideal candidate is able to manage multiple priorities, prioritize the customer, be focused on new feature development, and be an active participant in the leadership of the future of the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Support and Engagement
- Develop and implement community outreach strategy for Cortex platform;
- Be a primary contact for communicating Cortex platform policies, onboarding/trainings and tier 1 support.
- Acting as the primary support agent, provide functional support within the Cortex ticketing system, Jira.
- Facilitate successful training and onboarding for new Cortex users through planning, coordinating schedules, and communication.
Stakeholder Engagement and Sales
- Manage all Demo scheduling, on-boarding calls, and follow up communication as needed
- Continue to build tools and items for the Cortex Community website through the creation of quick tutorials, in-line help, version release information, and curated discussions.
- Manage Cortex contacts, accounts, and status through Salesforce on an ongoing basis
Development of Cortex Content
- Lead the team who is dedicated to working on the creation, development, deployment of Cortex content resources.
- Build, maintain, and develop student/teacher consumables within Cortex in the areas of 1) Professional Development 2) Social Emotional Learning 3) Project Based Learning and 4) Digital Literacy Curriculum
- Establish an understanding of the multifaceted world of education technology to be utilized in adjunction to communication responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in project/program management
- Previous experience in a product team and in product development
- Understanding of the K-12 environment, and education technology domain is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to cultivate and build a brand and market presence for Cortex;
- Ability to actively listen to customers about concerns or issues that arise and develop solutions to the issues;
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem-solving; develop solutions to a variety of issues
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members to derive problems and determine needs;
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and the importance of tasks;
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once;
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from customers when software issues happen;
- Willingness to be flexible and adjust plans to achieve intended outcomes;
- Demonstrated commitment to InnovateEDU’s mission;
- Ability to multi-task and balance detailed steps with the strategy to ensure successful and timely project completion