Brooklyn LAB is looking for a Recruiter to join the Network Team!
Description of the role:
Since we've grown so fast we've hired a lot of amazing people. There are still a lot more amazing people out there and we need your help. To get them, we are looking for an amazing person dedicated to recruiting.
Here at LAB, you would be the only recruiter for now. That’s right, you would get to touch everything and you love that. This is a full lifecycle role where you would own the entire recruiting process (coordinating, sourcing, interviews, offers, onboarding). This means you get to set processes and find new and exciting ways to recruit high caliber talent.
A little bit about you:
- You have a great attitude
- You are cool getting on the phone, I know it's 2018 but you're old school
- You are fast with a computer and have a basic understanding of K-12 education. A huge plus if you use Greenhouse.
- You can roll with the moves of a fast paced, high growth company. Not everything is written in stone but you love that because it means you can change processes and goals for the better.
- You love recruiting on all things - education, industry, etc.
- At least 2 years of full life cycle recruiting experience
- Highly experienced in sourcing & in creative ways as well
- Experience recruiting education roles
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience working on all types of roles
ABOUT BROOKLYN LAB
Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools (LAB) is a network of open enrollment, college-prep, public charter schools that prepare students with the academic foundation, digital literacy, and leadership skills necessary to excel in college and professional life as they grow as ethical leaders.
The LAB Formula:
- More Time in School: Extended day, week, and school year focused on academic learning and unique enrichment activities (e.g., Robotics, Digital Media, Coding, Debate, Visual Arts).
- High Dose Tutoring: Personalized, small group tutoring from trained college graduates for at least two hours each day.
- Next Generation Learning: A college prep curriculum with Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) -focused enrichment activities to prepare students to succeed in jobs of the future.
ABOUT WORKING AT BROOKLYN LAB
Working at Brooklyn Lab is unlike any traditional environment.
Teachers and staff members alike empower scholars and colleagues on a daily basis. By design, our schools are small communities where every scholar, teacher and staff member support and grow one another.
Both staff and faculty understand the value of collaboration and share best practices across the network while mentoring and receiving feedback from their teams.
ABOUT BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Brooklyn LAB staff will receive a competitive benefits package that improves over time and is competitive with other New York City charter schools.
In addition to competitive salaries, Brooklyn LAB benefits package includes:
- 80% cost share of health, dental, and vision plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 5% of annualized base salary contribution to a LAB retirement plan which vests at a percentage annually
- An individual professional development allowance
Brooklyn LAB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and is committed to equal access for those with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To join Brooklyn LAB, please submit a resume and cover letter, including your interest in Brooklyn LAB and how you learned about the position.
Please note that due to our selection criteria, we will only notify candidates who meet our selection criteria.