We seek a highly motivated finance and operations associate who will report directly to the company's CFO. This is an opportunity to contribute directly to the success of our growing educational services company. The Finance Associate works with our CFO and other staff to support non-academic operations at the organization, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and requirements set by funders and partners. He/she is specifically responsible for supporting the administrative systems and routines of the organization. Candidate must have experience with Quickbooks Online.
Primary responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
- Assist in managing our QuickBooks Online bookkeeping system, including writing checks and entering bills/payables, reconciling bank and credit card statements, prepping payroll, and monitoring receivables collections.
- Communicating with clients, staff and vendors including: email, phone, written and in-person communications.
- Human Resources assistance, including: Sending employee contracts, monitoring background checks, organizing and maintaining records.
- Vendor acquisition, including: Locating vendors, negotiating pricing and completing purchases.
- Financial transactions and operations: Support the day to day operation of LAB's financial systems, including the integrity of financial accounting records and the timeliness and compliance of all grant-related reimbursements and expenses. Support daily financial and business activities, including procurement processes and associated supply, as well as inventory management and asset tracking systems under the supervision of the Executive Director and CFO.
- External compliance: Help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and requirements set by funders and partners including, but not limited to: HR and employee onboarding; audit preparation; staff training and certification; and compliance with the state and federal regulations.
- Reporting of public and non-public grants: Manage the metrics and reporting related to the public and non public grants, including: enter data online portal and other systems as required; monitor management, contractor, and other agreements, with particular attention to financial reporting requirements; and provide advisement and support of grant metrics, budget statuses, and other metrics as determined by grant agreements.
- Human Resources: Support administration of personnel matters, including (through vendors) payroll, benefits, and COBRA; proper implementation of policies and procedures relating to HR; provide appropriate information and assistance to staff regarding personnel matters and benefits; provide effective support and advice to the administrative team on personnel and HR issues; work to ensure that all staff hold credentials required by law and pass background checks; maintain up-to-date personnel files; and assist with salary budget planning and staffing requirements.
- Other support as needed by CFO.
- Detail oriented/organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative, trustworthy, high-energy, flexible problem-solver willing to learn new skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks
- General computer skills with PC and Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Etc.
Minimum desired qualifications:
- 2-3 years or more of significant workplace experience in a related role
- Experience with a youth focused or education company (K-12) a plus
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 403b account
- Company-sponsored health, vision and dental insurance (subject to minimum hours required for eligibility)