Family and Community Partnerships Associate
Brooklyn LAB is looking for a Family & Community Partnerships Associate to join the Shared Services Team!
ABOUT BROOKLYN LAB
Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools (LAB) is a network of open enrollment, college-prep, public charter schools that prepares students with the academic foundation, digital literacy, and leadership skills necessary to excel in college and professional life as they grow as ethical leaders.
The LAB Formula:
- More Time in School: Extended day, week, and school year focused on academic learning and unique enrichment activities (e.g., Robotics, Digital Media, Coding, Debate, Visual Arts).
- High Dose Tutoring: Personalized, small group tutoring from trained college graduates for at least two hours each day.
- Next Generation Learning: A college prep curriculum with Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) -focused enrichment activities to prepare students to succeed in jobs of the future.
ABOUT WORKING AT BROOKLYN LAB
Working at Brooklyn Lab is unlike any traditional environment.
Teachers and staff members alike empower their scholars and colleagues on a daily basis. By design, our schools are small communities where every scholar, teacher and staff member support and grow one another.
Staff and faculty like understand the value of collaboration and share best practices across the network, mentor and receive feedback from their teams.
As a Brooklyn LAB Family & Community Partnerships Associate, you will support:
- Engage families of prospective high school scholars, to provide information, enrollment material, and responses to questions in order to achieve full enrollment;
- Manage LAB enrollment process including document collection, external communications, internal team processes, and waitlist management;
- Execute LAB’s student recruitment strategy, monitoring goals, producing informational assets to aid recruitment, mobilizing parent volunteers, and supervising local outreach;
- Work alongside School Operations & Finance to ensure important compliance documents and billing are managed effectively and efficiently by LAB families.
Family & Scholar Engagement
- Support student enrollment, particularly as it pertains to communicating with families that are new to LAB and addressing their questions and concerns;
- Support family communication and engagement, establishing families as partners by educating families on the LAB mission, communicating high expectations, and facilitating the creation of high quality, effective family communication (newsletters, recorded calls, calendars, flyers, and online media);
- Communicate initiatives to family via digital and paper communication (i.e. E-blast campaigns, fliers, backpacked letters, etc.);
- Generate and plan ongoing content for Brooklyn Lab on LAB’s social media mediums;
- Collect, organize, and synthesize data regarding parent communication to help determine reach, and efficacy of each form of communication;
- Work alongside Bursar to communicate to families enrollment in partnership with the School Operations team;
- Build relationships with families and scholars that aligns to school vision, and indicates high-levels of parent investment.
- Support community affairs, forging relationships with local organizations including houses of worship, schools, universities, and community-based organizations and working with government officials and civic leaders to promote LAB’s mission and build favorable conditions for new growth.
Event Programming & Management
- Plan and execute events and initiatives alongside Parent Leader Council (PLC) and facilitate monthly meetings;
- Research and coordinate enrichment programs for scholars including but not limited to scholarship opportunities, summer programming, and leadership workshops;
- Support family open houses and tours as well as logistics for regular family events;
- Coordinate events for high school enrollment;
- Support logistics for February Break Academy and other school-based events.
ABOUT THE DESIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & MINDSET:
- A BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
- Attention to details and the ability to multi-task
- 1-2 years of event and communication management experience
- Deep sense of empathy and ability to communicate across diverse groups; strong service orientation
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Absolute integrity and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential employment information with discretion; strong judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to LAB’s mission and academic objectives: that all students, regardless of background and incoming ability, can achieve at high levels
- Demonstrated belief in a structured, predictable and safe environment for children
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and a motivated attitude
ABOUT BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Full- time position in a supportive and fast-growing department
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Retirement Benefits
BECOME BROOKLYN LAB!
Brooklyn LAB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and is committed to equal access for those with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To join Brooklyn LAB, please submit a resume and cover letter, including your interest in Brooklyn LAB and how you learned about the position.
Please note that due to our selection criteria, we will only notify candidates who meet our selection criteria.