InnovateEDU is a nonprofit organization with a mission to close the achievement gap in education through the development of innovative models and tools that serve, inform, and enhance teaching and learning. InnovateEDU brings together leaders in education and technology to design and develop breakthrough models and tools to help ensure that all students graduate from high school ready to succeed in college and careers of their choosing. We train educators and educate students with the goal of substantially improving the academic achievement of students in urban public schools. We implement an urban education Fellowship and afterschool program at Brooklyn Laboratory Charter Schools, develop technology, and advocate for data interoperability in education, among other projects.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as Afterschool Program Associate. This is a full time position.
The Afterschool Program Associate will support the management of the day-to-day operations for InnovateEDU's NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) funded afterschool program for middle school students.The Associate is specifically responsible for supporting the operational systems and routines of the afterschool program. This includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Support the management of day to day operations in InnovateEDU’s afterschool program;
- Support procedures for student arrival and dismissal (including transition from school to afterschool, taking attendance, and calling families if students are absent)
- Help ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and requirements of funders and other stakeholders (including timely submission of reports, facilities readiness, and preparedness for impromptu site visits);
- Collaborate with the Program Director to develop and organize new and enriching programming opportunities; support preparation for and implementation of program activities in athletics, leadership development, STEM, and the arts;
- Support the Program Director and instructional staff in ensuring that the afterschool program consistently meets and exceeds its articulated goals;
- Support planning, logistics, and communications for special and culminating events, including showcases that highlight student achievement and enriching field trips;
- Support creation and distribution of afterschool program schedule, and appropriate record keeping and reporting of student attendance;
- Provide strong classroom and behavioral management, ensuring that all participants follow program rules and expectations;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with staff, partner organizations, schools, and parents;
- Adhere to InnovateEDU and partner school policies and procedures to ensure the safety of students and staff;
- Prepare and distribute written materials, including flyers, brochures, newsletters, and posting on bulletin boards;
- Support recruitment and supervision of participants into enrichment activities based on student interest. This may include calling, emailing, collecting surveys, posting announcements, attending information sessions, encouraging youth, answering applicant questions and other strategies;
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of afterschool program staff;
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative or operations role; Experience with DYCD funded programs, nonprofits, youth development, and/or education preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to InnovateEDU’s mission of closing the achievement gap;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask, and to manage time and resources effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and promises with an appropriate sense of urgency;
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems proactively and in a timely manner;
- Willingness to be flexible and adjust plans to achieve intended outcomes;
- Focus on results and how they are achieved; does not confuse effort with results;
- Must pass pre-employment background checks with the New York State Education Department and Office of Children and Family Services.
Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis. The application process will include a phone interview, an operations task, and an in-person interview. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.