We’re excited to be looking for a Business Development Associate, Hospitality to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our Manager of Business Development, you will get to build relationships with our flourishing hospitality network and help to ensure that our client experience is as stellar as possible.
This role is perfect for you if you are reliable, eager to learn, empathetic, and excited to help build out an important function of the Brooklinen team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
As a note, our team is currently operating on a hybrid 3 day in/2 day remote schedule.
What you’ll do
- Provide best-in-class service with our network of clients.
- Foster relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure that we are aligned on both expectations and best practices
- Ensure that orders are completed accurately and promptly.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any roadblocks impacting our clients’ orders.
- Provide our customers with full visibility on their orders to create a seamless experience.
- Assist with some of our ad hoc projects including, launching a dedicated Hospitality website, coordinating materials for industry events, and assisting with B2B opportunities.
- Streamline internal processes for returns, defects, backorders, and pipeline tracking.
- Support with developing new revenue-generating and cost-saving opportunities.
We’re looking for someone who brings
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- A background in account Management and/or Operations is a plus
- Knowledge of order processing tools is a plus
- A background working in Microsoft Office
- A strong sense of ownership with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong eye for detail
- Outstanding creative problem solving skills
- An adaptable approach with the ability to multitask
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.