We’re excited to be looking for a Visual Merchandising Manager to join our rapidly growing team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our VP of Retail, you’ll oversee the visual merchandising execution and strategy across Brooklinen’s retail channel and collaborate with cross-functional partners on the creative direction across our store experience.
If you’re excited to play an integral role in maintaining the aesthetic of the Brooklinen brand across our retail stores, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Partner with our Merchandising and Planning teams to build strategies for visually displaying merchandise across stores.
- Implement workflows that ensure brand voice and presentation consistency.
- Collaborate with our Creative team to advise on the conception and execution of trade show merchandising, installation and experiences.
- Create visual guides instructing field teams on building and designing visual merchandising throughout our stores.
- Create a visual brand standards guide and develop field team training materials covering each new collection launch; build a brand library of best practices and product information for field teams.
- Work with our Creative team to coordinate all aspects of visual merchandising design and production, such as store signage for new launches and events.
- Assist in tracking collateral shipments to field teams related to visual merchandising directives for each floor set.
- Establish a reporting system for field teams to upload images of floor sets and provide feedback; evaluate sales by product location and make recommendations to continuously improve execution.
- Manage, maintain and adhere to all merchandising, display, installation, production, and design budgets.
- Track time and team resources required to build and stock floor sets; communicate data to field team leaders and the Retail team.
- Coach and develop in-store management and visual merchandising teams to connect across merchandising, retail and visual merchandising to strategize on product assortment and placement.
- Monitor store and market performance against KPI targets; collaborate with and support field team partners in establishing action plans to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Continually research industry trends to inform and develop your practice while maintaining brand integrity.
We're looking for someone who brings
- 3+ years of retail visual merchandising experience; home goods experience preferred
- The ability to be a self-starter, work independently, and guide teams in-person and remotely
- The flexibility to travel and open stores in multiple locations and cities
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.