We’re excited to be looking for an AP Specialist to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our Accounting Manager, you will have the opportunity to own a part of our accounts payable functions.
This role is perfect for you if you are a quick learner who is excited to join a business that is constantly (and quickly) evolving. There are a bunch of ongoing projects to ensure our accounting stays up to date with best-in-class standards, so you will be able to experience our professional growth alongside the entire business. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Ensure that our books are always current to enable accurate FP&A across the business.
- Manage our current AP processing system, Tipalti, to allow for faster approvals of bills, more accurate coding of data, and faster response time to vendors.
- Answer any questions Brooklinen team members have regarding onboarding vendors, payment follow-ups, and any other inquiries found in the team inbox.
- Oversee all of our team credit cards to ensure expenses are being categorized properly and submitted on time.
- Support our inventory and supplier payment process outside of Tipalti. This includes reviewing the projected payment to the invoice, confirming payments, and sending out the wire confirmations to the suppliers on a weekly basis.
- Aid the Finance and Accounting team with cash management each week to help foresee needs and inflows of cash.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of bookkeeping and accounting experience (internships count!)
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and Quickbooks is a plus!
- Impeccable collaboration skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – email etiquette and professionalism are essential
- Excellent time management skills and transparency regarding bandwidth
- Experience working with an e-commerce or retail business is a plus
- Proven track record of improving processes, systems, and cross-functional collaboration
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.