We’re excited to be looking for a Staff Accountant to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our Accounting Manager, you will have the opportunity to own the financials and advise on how to improve key metrics for our very first subsidiary brand, Marlow.
You are the perfect person for this role if you are a quick learner who is meticulous, collaborative, and interested in playing a pivotal role in working on the accounting policies for a brand new side of the business. You will have the opportunity to watch as this new business grows! If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that our books are always current to enable accurate FP&A across the business.
- Maintain all aspects of the Marlow books, so that all aspects are properly accounted for. This includes sales, expenses, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and more.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations during our monthly close process.
- Own intercompany transactions between Brooklinen and Marlow and monthly reporting for Marlow
- Assist with managing the bills for all of our vendors ensuring Marlow expenses are separated properly.
- Manage the team email to ensure questions related to payment of Marlow invoices are addressed in a timely manner.
- Support our inventory and supplier payment process, including routine communications with suppliers AP contacts for Marlow.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience (internships count)
- A high level of proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks (Netsuite ERP would be a plus as well!)
- Experience with intercompany transaction, subsidiary accounting, and consolidated financial statements
- Experience working in auditing with an ecommerce or retail business is a plus
- A track record of improving accounting processes and systems
- Strong collaboration skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – email etiquette and professionalism are essential
- Excellent time management skills and transparency regarding bandwidth
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.