We’re excited to be looking for a Director of Editorial & Organic Social to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our VP of Creative, you’ll drive the vision and strategy for our customer-facing copy to ensure that we’re telling strong, cohesive stories across all customer touchpoints - from engaging lifestyle content to performance-driven marketing channels. You’ll also lead and mentor a growing team of talented copywriters and content creators.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about interior design and the home space, has an analytical background with the ability to drive conversion and engagement through content strategy, and is an empathetic leader who creates a genuinely inclusive team environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
As a note, our team is currently remote and tentatively expected to return to the office in November with a hybrid three day in/2 day remote schedule.
What you’ll do
- Lead and mentor an incredible team of copywriters and content creators by cultivating constant curiosity, researching cultural and industry trends, and translating data into actionable insights for the Creative team
- Oversee and direct the team in managing our editorial calendar, invoicing, meeting deadlines, and coordinating with in-house and freelance Creative teams
- Set and track KPIs for content channels to ensure that our strategy aligns with and drives the goals of the business; measure and track content quality and performance to ensure content drives significant growth in audience, engagement, and revenue
- Oversee customer-facing content and messaging to support product launches, marketing promotions, OOH campaigns, brand partnerships, and new store openings across channels such as website, email, paid and organic YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Partner with our Design Director and Director of Creative Production to lead the creation and execution of 360 print, digital, and experiential content strategies
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across the organization, including Growth Marketing, Retention Marketing, Influencer, and PR to ensure that our brand messaging is consistent across all mediums
- Use extensive SEO research and guide the team in creating search-friendly content to drive traffic to e-commerce and editorial sites
We're looking for someone who brings
- 8+ years of experience in content or editorial strategy; experience creating concepts and scripts for video
- Experience writing marketing copy for brands; experience in the DTC space is a plus
- 4+ years of people leadership experience; proven track record of building and leading a team across copywriters, editorial writers, content creators, and strategists
- SEO experience with a portfolio to share
- Experience with social media platforms such as DashHudson, SproutSocial, or Comparable
- Passion for interior and home design; prior experience in the home goods industry is a plus
- Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally and be supportive and encouraging of your teammates
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.