When Brooklinen was founded over six years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. In early 2020, after spending 5 years developing and growing our ecommerce business (with quality products, responsible manufacturing, and accessible pricing front-of-mind), we were thrilled to open our very first permanent retail location, with a second NYC location now on the way.
And now? We’re excited to continue expanding our brand bi-coastally! We’re looking forward to establishing a connection with our new neighborhood of Hayes Valley, SF - and growing friendly with a new group of local shoppers (and visitors from all over the world).
As our new location’s first Store Manager, you’ll directly impact the success of Brooklinen's first-ever West Coast store. Not only will you lead hiring for the store team, you’ll also pilot new processes to ensure the store meets its financial and customer experience goals. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that interacts frequently with our HQ team. You’ll love this role if you’re as obsessed as we are with bringing comfort into people’s homes, leading a team that provides above and beyond customer experiences, and delivering above-and-beyond business results.
What you’ll do:
- Drive store performance by implementing existing procedures (and creating new ones!) to meet your store's financial targets and customer experience goals
- Be a true business owner: bring ideas to the table that will translate ecommerce initiatives flawlessly, and provide above and beyond store experiences; keep tabs on inventory levels, sales trends, and promotion performance
- Represent and communicate Brooklinen’s values and philosophy to customers and team members, with particular emphasis on fostering an inclusive workplace culture
- Build an engaged, effective team through recruitment and onboarding, as well as ongoing training and development (including leading bi-annual performance reviews)
- Manage daily scheduling and payroll for the entire store team
- Partner with and provide feedback to our Creative team to execute the visual merchandising strategy and vision for the store, ensuring that we're presenting and styling our product in a way that is inspiring and brand-aligned
- Participate in the development and execution of in-store events and activations
- Act as liaison between our customers, store employees and Brooklinen HQ, sharing customer feedback and new ideas for our brand
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of management experience in retail store environments (including interviewing/recruiting, training, and coaching)
- Prior experience working in (or managing) the front and back of house - strong mix of customer-facing and operational capabilities
- Someone who is friendly, positive, and truly passionate about the Brooklinen brand and story
- A flexible, adaptable nature and serious regard for COVID-19 protocols: we require our staff and customers to adhere to safety precautions, and we adjust our shopping policy in real time according to government regulations
- Knowledge and/or passion for interior design and helping customers style their homes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.