We’re excited to be looking for two Associate Art Directors - Associate Art Director (Print) and Associate Art Director (Digital) - to join our rapidly growing Creative team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our Design Director, you’ll oversee the concepting, creating, and producing best-in-class assets across digital and print initiatives.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re excited to lead and mentor a small team of talented designers, can work across print and digital, and are passionate about translating our brand vision into beautiful and compelling assets. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Actively lead, mentor, and develop our amazing team; support ongoing career growth within the company.
- Collaborate with the wider Creative team to deliver a range of branded content to support Merchandising, Marketing & PR needs
- Support the production of photo and video by collaborating with internal & external pre & post-production partners
- Adapt campaign aesthetics across a range of advertising deliverables and manage consistency of vision across all of design
- Ensure that all projects are within deadlines
- Create, test, and implement designs and layouts with a focus on sales conversion
- Maintain consistency and alignment in our brand voice and identity across all creative content
We're looking for someone who brings
- 7+ years of experience in design and art direction; in-house experience is a plus
- 2+ years of people leadership experience
- A genuine passion for design and branding with an excellent understanding of typography
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and excellent time management
- The ability to effectively communicate with business partners at all levels
- Strong knowledge of web design, photo retouching, and color correcting
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; exposure to Sketch/Figma or Adobe XD is a plus
- Motion graphics experience is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.